PDA

View Full Version : Teppon Edo

antnyh
03-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Well, since we couldn't get into Le Cellier I thought we'd try something totally different. Has anyone got any reviews, good or bad, for Teppon Edo? Also, I noticed that it doesn't show on EPCOT's map on WDW's website. Thanks for the advice.

PrincessASquared
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
We ate there 2 weeks ago and loved it. :thumbsup: The food was excellent and the chef was very entertaining. My seven year old (picky eater) loved it as well. She enjoyed eating with the chopsticks. We would go back there in a heartbeat. BTW, It is considered communal dining so you will be eating with strangers, and, it is located in the Japanese pavailon. Hope this helps. Have fun!!

SBETigg
03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Teppan Edo is a great choice if you've never tried hibachi-style Japanese dining, or if you don't have one close to you in your home area. Good food, lots of fun. I prefer it to Le Cellier, actually. It probably doesn't show up due to recent refurbishment and name change from Teppanyaki.

azcavalier
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Yep, our whole family loves it, too. It's a show AND a meal. And it's got something for everyone. That is absolutely one of our "must do" restaurants when we go to WDW.

Hull-onian
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, since we couldn't get into Le Cellier I thought we'd try something totally different. Has anyone got any reviews, good or bad, for Teppon Edo? Also, I noticed that it doesn't show on EPCOT's map on WDW's website. Thanks for the advice.

We have eaten at Teppen Edo before. It is quite an enjoyable experience. It has to do with food, so it's gotta be good. We loved the service. The presentation. Everything was tasty, would go back again.

disneydreamer1970
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
We just made ADR's yesterday for our June visit and cannot wait to try it!!

Trish

CaptSmee
03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
It's my fav restaurant in all of WDW! (followed by a close 2nd with Ohanas) The food is excellent, the chefs are flamboyant, you get to intermingle with other guests. We had a great time at Teppan Edo!

AmandaChan
03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
DH and I went last year and it was probably the best meal we've had. Yeah it's a little expensive but not too expensive even by Disney's standards. I think the prices compare to hibachi grills in Ohio, actually. You get plenty of food (we couldn't finish ours) and we had a great server (Masa). The setting and decor made me feel like I was in a high end restaurant in Tokyo, it really is beautiful. And because we had our just married pins on they brought us free dessert and wrote 'happy wedding' in chocolate on the plate. We loved our experience. With all restaurants, you will have good and bad.

dtootsie42
03-11-2009, 07:55 PM
It is one of our favorite places to eat and we go every time we visit. My daughter celebrated her 16th birthday there and they treated her like a princess. We've always had good food and our chefs have always been very entertaining. :mickey:

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

antnyh
03-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Well I am very excited to see all the good reviews. I called today and got a 7:45 ressie with no problems at all. I am looking forward to this more and more. I love this type of food, but the wife isn't to fond of it. She saw that filet mignon was on the menu and easily agreed to give it a go. Thanks for all the responses.

:thumbsup:

joonyer
03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
With A 7:45 dinner time, you should be finishing your meal just as Illuminations is starting. You can walk right out onto the second floor balcony/porch at Teppan Edo and get a great view of the show. That's exactly what we did. Loved our meal there and had a lot of fun. Go a little early and while you are waiting for your table, shop in the Mitsukoshi Department store (downstairs). They have a lot of very cool toys and interesting souvenirs/gifts.

garymacd
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Loved it.
Always nice to try something new.
Don't forget to try eating with chopsticks. We were the only ones at our table last time to use them. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't so bad.

antnyh
03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I will definitely have to give the chopsticks a try. thanks for the advice. My kids are going to love trying to eat with sticks....if they don't kill each other with them first. :thedolls:

Hayden's Dad
03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
We ate there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. We made sure to make reservations for there for our trip in May. Have Fun!!:mickey:

McGoofy
03-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I ate there in January and, like Hayden's Dad, our family will also be going back when we go back to WDW in May.

We really enjoy this place. I was on the dining plan and had plenty to eat. Prior to my meal, I had a cherry blossom martini which was a blend of plum wine, sake, and cranberry juice. Very tasty. For the main course, I chose the filet mignon. I was given a huge portion. It was very tender and cooked just the way I requested. Also included with the entree was a side of white rice (not the typical fried rice at Hibachi steak houses) and a zuchini and onion medley of vegetables. There was no salad or mushroom broth soup as is included in Hibachi steak houses here at home, but I was full at the end of the meal. Our chef's name was Tomo, and he was entertaining. One of the ladies at the table was a vegetarian and the chef took the time to make sure she could have butter or other items and cooked her meal before the rest of ours. At the end of the meal, I chose the chocolate ginger cake since it was included with the DDP, but got it to go and ate it later. Teppan Edo was a fun experience, and I can't wait to go back.

betteratmk
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
:number1: You guys talked me into trying it in September!! Now I have to wait for 90 days!! I miss the 180 day window.

antnyh
03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I am so glad to see all of these great reviews. I am so excited about our dinner there.

DisneyDoug2
03-13-2009, 10:17 AM
We were there in January and ate at Le Cellier and Teppan Edo, the kids still take about Teppan Edo and how they want to go again. It is fun to watch the chef perform in front of you. The only draw back is the noise.

buzznwoodysmom
03-13-2009, 12:57 PM
This is our second favorite place to eat in WDW, our absolute favorite being Ohana. I think you have made a great choice and will be much happier with this instead of Le Cellier. We tried Le Cellier twice and didn't care for it either time.

wildernesslady
03-13-2009, 01:26 PM
We just tried it for the first time 2 nights ago. It was great. My daughter is very and picky and insists that we go back next time. You will not be sorry. Excellent service by the way.

PixieMagic
03-15-2009, 01:47 AM
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!! When we go we have to eat there at least twice! It's food for even the pickiest of eater and total entertainment! In fact I loved it so much over the years that when a hibachi restaurant near us opened up 3 months ago, I took a job there!!! GO HIBACHI!!!:number1:

LuvsTigger80
03-16-2009, 03:50 PM
It was by far the BEST dinner we had on our trip in January. So much that is required each time we go. My 3 year old son LOVED it. Especially them cooking in front of him...he would name everything as they would put it on the hibachi. :thumbsup:

DANAM
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
My son and daughter love this place. We wanted to bring them to the JApaneese place my husband and I go to before we went just so they could get a feeel for the whole thing but we never could get in. It's always packed and we don't wait for an hour for a table. There experience was amazing they really loved it very entertaining. I think that was the longest meal we had at the parks and they sat for every minate of it. Oh and my husband and myself really enjoyed it too.