PDA

View Full Version : Narcoosee's or Yachtsman Steakhouse

saunie
03-11-2009, 10:02 AM
We like steak and seafood and have to make a choice for our final night dinner, which do you prefer?:secret:

BTW, we already have picked California Grill for dh's "special" birthday.

ibrowse17
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Both are good, but I would go with YM. The steak is, as is the whole experience, incredible...:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Narcoossee's. Great seafood and filet mignon.

pox24
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Yachtsman get 5 forks from us. :thumbsup:

BigWes6
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Oak fired ribeye from Yachtsman :D

javamama
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Glad to read this, we're trying YM this year--yummy!

saunie
03-11-2009, 05:08 PM
It looks like Yachtsman, I knew I could count on all of you, thanks.

Aggie97
03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Narcoossee's gets my vote -- we feel it has better food, service, and atmosphere. :mickey:

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 07:36 AM
It looks like Yachtsman, I knew I could count on all of you, thanks.

I wouldn't decide too soon. There are sure to be more Narcoossee's comments. Narcoossee's just missed making the Top 7 list of INTERCOT favorite restaurants as compiled by Natazu (Jym), tied at number 7 but the honor went to sentimental favorite Chef Mickey's. Yachtsman's didn't get many votes comparatively.

By most accounts, Narcoossee's is a really special dining experience while Yachtsman's is a pretty standard steakhouse, and not even rated the best on property at that. Shula's at the Dolphin rates higher by reviews. Just some food for thought.

saunie
03-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the tip, I am definitely reconsidering...

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the tip, I am definitely reconsidering...

The Narcoossee's fans seem to be pretty quiet this time. You really won't regret either choice, I think, so check out the menus at Info Central under dining and follow your tastebuds. :)

Hull-onian
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I love this thread. But I notice that these restaurants require business casual. Hmm! That let's me out. I am sort of a tee-shirt and shorts gal when I'm in Florida.:crazy:

Polynesian Dweller
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Narcoosee's for us as well. Great spot on the water front and is always one of our best meals of the vacation. Food is top notch as is the service. You get a good view of Wishes and they pipe in the music.

dtootsie42
03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Narcoossee's gets our vote. It is a must do every trip. Great food, great atmosphere and great service. Being on the water and watching the fireworks is simply magical!! :mickey:

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

spoiledraf
03-13-2009, 05:28 AM
I love this thread. But I notice that these restaurants require business casual. Hmm! That let's me out. I am sort of a tee-shirt and shorts gal when I'm in Florida.:crazy:

It's a pretty loose "business casual" dress code. A nice pair of shorts and basically a nice top without a big Mcikey on it and you'll be fine.

I like both and we are planning on dining at both this year. I have a problem with getting ADRs at Narcooses though as we have a party of 9 and you have to call the restaurant direct for reservations for 8 or more. They didn't answer and I had to leave my call back number. So far, no call back, (48 hours).

saunie
03-13-2009, 07:47 AM
THEY'RE DONE

After everything, decided to give up some lunches and included five signatures, Yachtsman, Narcoosee's, Citricos, Brown Derby, and for the "special" birthday California Grill!
:mickey::thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-13-2009, 11:09 AM

You can actually wear t-shirts and shorts in Narcoossee's and Yachtsman's Steakhouse now. The business casual was relaxed over a year ago to allow almost anything but torn clothing, bathing suits, and flip flops. You might not feel as comfortable wearing shorts and tees in a more elegant restaurant, but they will let you do it.

SBETigg
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
THEY'RE DONE

After everything, decided to give up some lunches and included five signatures, Yachtsman, Narcoosee's, Citricos, Brown Derby, and for the "special" birthday California Grill!
:mickey::thumbsup:

That is a fantastic list! We're doing Jiko, California Grill, Citricos, and Flying Fish on our next trip, and only one non-signature meal (Rose & Crown). I think you'll be very happy with your choices.

Natazu
03-14-2009, 02:43 AM
my worthless two cents

Narcoossee's (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
The last of the surf-n-turf venues accepting the dining plan, don’t let that novelty lull you into thinking this place is anything short of spectacular. Offering the best seafood bisque I’ve ever tasted, the seafood-centric menu teems with exciting culinary delights. I can’t get enough of the lightly prepared crab cakes, perfectly grilled scallops, and mouth-watering duck egg rolls. And for the sweet tooth, warm chocolate almond gateau. Don’t be afraid to forego the Surf-n-Turf “special” for one of the other entrée choices. While the signature Whole Maine Lobster is fresh, the lobster for the special is previously frozen and the filet medallions for the special are small. At this restaurant, you have to experience the chef’s creations like Crab-Crusted Flounder, Pan-Seared Mahi with orange-honey gastrique, or whatever fish is lucky enough to be prepared with the tomato confit and sherry vinegar reduction.

Yachtsman Steakhouse (Signature Service) ☺☺☺☻
Bringing up the rear in the line of signature dining locations, Yachtsman offers good steaks and pretty good service. They do have a great porterhouse and the diver scallops appetizer is excellent. This venue just lacks that special something that sets apart the signature restaurants from the mundane. For the money (or for the credits), there are many places that come through more consistently, like Narcoossee's for instance.

jwallace378
03-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Both are great restaurants. I've been to both places twice. I'd give my vote to YM