PDA

View Full Version : DDP for a last minute weekend

mona
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Wondering if the DDP or Dlx DP would be a good opinion for DH and I planning a last minute weekend away. We will arrive in the evening on Friday and depart in late afternoon on Sunday. I know this is a tease but DH has only been to WDW 1 time EVER!!! We are staying at the POP and will only be visiting DHS & AK. We won't mind traveling to other resorts and actually want to see Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island
Any and all suggestions welcome.....Please!!!

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 09:11 AM
It really all depends on what type of eating you normally do without the plan and what type of restaurants you like to frequent.

To me, the DDP is a great value if you're a big eater. It's also very convenient to not have to keep track of how much you're spending and just whip out your room card for each meal. That said, if you don't typically eat alot, even the Counter Service DP can be too much food because each meal includes a side/dessert and then you have snack credits on top of it.

If you typically eat a lot of meals at Table Service restaurants, the regular DDP is a fantastic value. With the exception of a few restaurants, one table service credit gets you a TON of food that would ordinarily cost a fortune (an example of this is the all you can eat platter at Whispering Canyon - it's included as a regular credit and you still get your drink and dessert in there too).

I think the Deluxe DP is a bit of overkill but there are tons of people who swear by it. The regular DP is already too much food for us (we always end up with a ton of snack credits left over) so I can't image the Deluxe. We almost always end up turning in our snack credits the day we leave for "on the road" snacks on the trip home.

Bottom line: If you guys love to eat or if you like to do table service a lot... the DDP would be a great value for you.

As a side note... Pleasure Island no longer exists. Not sure if you knew that. :D

SBETigg
03-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Keep in mind that the basic plan offers one counter service meal, one table service meal (entree and dessert), and one snack per day.
The deluxe plan offers three meals (counter or table service) with appetizer, entree, and dessert. Plus two snacks and a refillable mug.

Depending on your eating habits and ability to make Advanced Dining Reservations to ensure you make best use of your table service credits, either plan could benefit you and save you money-- or not. I like it for the ease of paying in advance. A lot of the best dining is actually in the Disney resorts, so you won't need park admission for those.

People say the Deluxe Plan is too much eating, and this might be true if you're actually doing three table service meals a day. The Deluxe plan works well for us on our next trip, though. I'm going for a romantic midweek stay with my husband in April. We booked the Deluxe plan because we want to try more of the Signature dining. We have a five night vacation, but only three staying on property at the Grand Floridian with the plan, giving us nine meal credits and six snacks each. We're doing four signature meals (Jiko, California Grill, Citricos, and Flying Fish) which takes eight of our meal credits each. Our remaining meal is an early lunch at the Rose & Crown and we'll use our snack credits for breakfasts and snacks. Plenty of food, but not constant eating, and we're still saving money when we looked at the menus and worked out the potential costs.

Nini5055
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
If you are going for just a couple of days, I would recommend the Basic DDP NOT the Dlx. If you are wanting the "signature" restaurants or dinner shows (which take 2 credits) then do the Dlx.

I have done both and it really depends on how you like to eat and if you want to see a show (Hoop Dee Doo is great!!!).

Let us know what you decide. :thumbsup: