PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's for breakfast

FloridaTeacher
03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi Everyone,

We are on our way to WDW on 3/21:D. We were unable to get an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickey's (which we always do), so I was wondering if anyone out there knows how early they open and how long the wait times usually are if we get there right when they open?

Thanks to all!

Strmchsr
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Due to the popularity of Chef Mickeys I don't think it matters how early you get there. I don't believe they accept walk-ups at all. Someone else might have a different experience but I've heard them turn people away who asked.

Mickey'sGirl
03-11-2009, 08:20 AM
We have had breakfast there at 7:05....

I remember doing a walk up when DS10 was 4, and we had to wait almost 2 hours. I don't think I would want to walk up at CM's.

Perhaps you can just keep calling?

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 08:55 AM
While I've never done breakfast, I can tell you that without an ADR you might be stuck. I know for the other meals at the restaurant it's very hard to get in on "standby" without a very very long wait. Based on that, no matter how early you get there, remember that the ADRs are full from the time the restaurant opens already, so you won't "beat" those with ADRs in anyway.

Hull-onian
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Keep calling for an ADR. You would be surprised how many parties don't show up or cancel. Keep the faith. We love Chef Mickeys too. You have a few more days. Good luck with it!!

javamama
03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Like the pp said keep calling, even the day before. I've cancelled ADR's the day of, day before--I'm big on calling to let someone know, so someone else can have our table--especially character meals(kids involved). Last year I forgot to make dinner ADR's for our first day, the only place I could get was CM on a sunday night at 530pm--so anything can happen--and yes the NE was having spring break then--crazy!

lockedoutlogic
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
They will not take you on a walk in....especially this time of year when the crowds are picking up by the day and will be at near highest levels for the next month through mid april....

CaptSmee
03-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I believe the open up at 7 a.m. I doubt they will accept walk ins, they are usually booked solid for breakfast and dinner. I would keep calling, maybe schedule a plan B at 1900 Park Faire or Crystal Palace. They both have character breakfasts as well and are usually easier to get into. Same goes for Ohanas. Good luck!