PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach

JenniferS.
03-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, we just upgraded our hotel to Caribbean Beach. I read tons of mixed reviews on all of the moderates, but decided to just choose this one and get my own experience. I hear that it is a very large resort. I was just wondering which building(s) is the best to be at as far as food court/main pool/buses?? We don't have a pirate room, but I was wondering if the building where they are was a good location? Thanks!! I hope we like it!

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Each building has it's own little bus stop so if you're just looking to be close to the transportation, you can pretty much stay in any of them.

When we went, we wanted to be far from the Food Court/Lobby and Pool (because it's quieter) so we stayed in Aruba (Jamaica is also on that side).

If you're wanting to be close to everything (food, main pool, shopping etc.) then you'd want to stay in Martinque or Trinidad North.

Here's a map of the property to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/caribbeanbeach07.JPG

KatMark
03-11-2009, 10:17 AM
The pirate rooms are the farthest from the main building.

CleveRocks
03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Keep in mind that half of the rooms in Martinique and all of the rooms in Trinidad North are "preferred location," meaning it's a separate booking category that costs more per night. "Preferred location" means they are the rooms closest to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food court, etc.

The Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, the farthest village from OPR.

I respectfully disagree that the rooms closest to OPR are necessarily noisier than rooms farther away. The Promenade, the paved walkway around the lake, is sufficiently far from the guest room buildings that foot traffic doesn't tend to cause noise in the preferred location rooms. In different words, there is enough of a set-back between the walkway and the rooms that you don't hear noise from passersby, at least that I've ever noticed during my stays there.

If you want to assure as quiet a room as possible, then place a request that your room NOT be near your village's pool. There are some waterview rooms that are adjacent to the village pools, and these rooms can tend to experience noise at all hours due to guests playing in and hanging around that pool.

[Each village has its own pool. If you book a waterview room (at an additional charge), there is no way to guarantee whether that room will have a view of Barefoot Bay (the lake) or a view of your village's pool. The resort's main pool is not right near any guest building, so no one needs to be concerned about noise emanating from there.]

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I respectfully disagree that the rooms closest to OPR are necessarily noisier than rooms farther away. The Promenade, the paved walkway around the lake, is sufficiently far from the guest room buildings that foot traffic doesn't tend to cause noise in the preferred location rooms. In different words, there is enough of a set-back between the walkway and the rooms that you don't hear noise from passersby, at least that I've ever noticed during my stays there.
While that is true, I think in general the two buildings closest to OPR are more susceptible to noise... at least that was the case on our stay. The pool at our building was barely used and when it was it was by adults. Children undoubtedly are more likely to want to be at the main themed pool. I'm not saying you hear the noise of the pool... just there tends to be more people on the walkways in that area. But yes there is a good amount of space between the buildings for it not to be as bad as say the Value resorts.

CaptSmee
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
We love it at Caribbean Beach Resort. We have never had a bad room there. Always near a bus stop, quiet pool and usually not a far walk form Old Port Royale. It makes us feel like we are away from WDW (until we see the gift shop). I hope you enjoy it there.

brewcrew26
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
We stayed in Trinidad North for our honeymoon last year and loved it. It was just enough of a walk, quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed the food court the few times we ate there. We didn't try the sit-down restaurant, but I have heard mixed reviews. There was never a problem with transportation. The longest we waited was maybe 15 minutes coming back from a park at night.

RedSoxFan
03-11-2009, 08:39 PM
We stayed in Aruba (Nemo Room). It was very nice and about a 10 minute walk to Port Royale. I didn't think it was bad -- the grounds are beautiful. My kids loved the pool too.

Through the looking Glass
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
We have allways stayed in 51-52. When we stayed in 52 we walked down the steps almost directly into the quiet pool:swim:. The walk over to the headhouse only took about 10m. It could be a little long if you use the mug refills and don't keep anything in the room.
It's a whole lot quieter:sleepin: over there than close to the head house. My DD was 4 at the time and was a light sleeper.

CleveRocks
03-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Having stayed in preferred location rooms during busy times when the resort was sold out, I still can't fathom how those rooms are subject to more noise than other rooms. I know that in theory it seems that they would be ... it's just that that's never been my experience. Those rooms are NEAR Old Port Royale but are not adjacent to it.

JenniferS.
03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm not really worried about the noise. The kids are going to be super tired when we get back from the park each day and they probably won't really be taking mid-day naps. Thanks for all your advice!! 47 more days to go!!!!:D

GoofyGirl18
03-15-2009, 05:10 PM
We stayed at the CBR twice & were in the Aruba area both times. I thought this was a great resort! In fact, I think the moderate resorts are the best all around. The theming of the resorts is more sophisticated than the value resorts, but they're still affordable. This time we're trying out the CSR, but if it didn't exist we'd gladly go back to the CBR.

grumpydude
03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
We stayed in Jamaica and it seemed like sometimes we would be the first ones dropped off. Pirate rooms are overrated.