PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get to Hoop Dee Do?

susanccr
03-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Does anyone know the best way to get to Hoop Dee Do Review from Hollywood Studios? I have heard it is time consuming and sometimes confusing to get there. Someone told me to take the shuttle bus to Downtown Disney and then switch to a shuttle going to Fort Wilderness. Any other suggestions?

tjstrike
03-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Why not just take the bus straight from DHS to Ft. Wilderness ? Or drive your pov if you have it with you. It's when you're trying to get from resort to resort for adr's is when you have to transfer buses like that.

sainter
03-11-2009, 01:46 AM
There are no buses from DHS to DTD, so take the bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness. I think you will have to take an internal bus at Fort Wilderness to Hoop Dee Do. I am sure someone will be along to tell you about that. Have you ever been to HDD? We love the show-- enjoy!!
:cowboy:

WDWdriver
03-11-2009, 09:05 AM
1. Bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness, then switch to the internal campground bus and tell the driver you are going to the Hoop De Doo.

2. Go to MK and take the boat to FW. You can walk the short distance to the Hoop De Doo from the boat dock. No need to take an internal bus.

Be sure you have advance tickets or reservations. This is a very popular dinner show.

Imagineer1981
03-11-2009, 10:54 AM
1. Bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness, then switch to the internal campground bus and tell the driver you are going to the Hoop De Doo.

2. Go to MK and take the boat to FW. You can walk the short distance to the Hoop De Doo from the boat dock. No need to take an internal bus.

Be sure you have advance tickets or reservations. This is a very popular dinner show.

Good call with the boat, but definitely takes longer in my opinion.

susanccr
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. We've been to Disney twice in the past 4 years and I'm still getting used to all the transportation. We had a mishap last time leaving a park for adr and it took us forever to get back to our hotel. We just got so turned around and led in the wrong direction. I am trying to get a little more prepared for our upcoming trip (5/30 to 6/6).
We do have adr for Hoop Dee Do and it is our first time going there. I've heard great reviews and we are really looking forward to it. The day we are going is my son's 9th birthday so we hope it will be a fun place to celebrate it! :mickey:

phillydan
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
As much As I love the free WDW transportation, if you are pressed for time or are extremely confused about multiple connections, you may want to consider taking a cab. We had Hoop De Doo ADR's and were very delayed getting our act together from the hotel; plus it was pouring rain at the time we had to leave. We never would have made it on WDW transportation, so we just hopped a cab and then took the internal FW transportation to Hoop De Doo. The cost was only about $15 for 5 of us. It was well worth the cost, since we made it with moments to spare. Although it was an unplanned expense, it saved a lot of aggravation and disappointment.

Hull-onian
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
:welcome: to Intercot. Use it daily, you will get lots of good tips. I sent you a private message. Check it out when you get a chance.

Imagineer1981
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
As much As I love the free WDW transportation, if you are pressed for time or are extremely confused about multiple connections, you may want to consider taking a cab. We had Hoop De Doo ADR's and were very delayed getting our act together from the hotel; plus it was pouring rain at the time we had to leave. We never would have made it on WDW transportation, so we just hopped a cab and then took the internal FW transportation to Hoop De Doo. The cost was only about $15 for 5 of us. It was well worth the cost, since we made it with moments to spare. Although it was an unplanned expense, it saved a lot of aggravation and disappointment.

Sometimes paying the extra 15 bucks or so is worth it to avoid all the hassle of waiting for the bus, riding the bus, transfering, etc...

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM

This most likely will take a bit longer, but this is how we always get to Hoop De Doo. It is a really enjoyable way to get there. Riding the boat from MK across Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake to Fort Wilderness is really nice. And when you get to Fort Wilderness, it is hardly a walk from the boat dock to Pioneer Hall (where Hoop De Doo takes place). I highly recommend this route, but make sure you leave plenty of time. It has taken us upwards of 1 1/2 hours to get to Hoop De Doo in the past. (That isn't to say it will take you that long, but it definitely has taken that long for us before.)

We do have adr for Hoop Dee Do and it is our first time going there. I've heard great reviews and we are really looking forward to it. The day we are going is my son's 9th birthday so we hope it will be a fun place to celebrate it! :mickey:

:offtopic:This goes beyond the scope of your original post, but if this is your first time to Hoop De Doo, you might also consider taking a nice carriage ride or hayride through the Fort Wilderness campgrounds after the show. We had never done this and discovered it a couple of trips ago. Now it is a tradition for us. You pick up the carriage ride or hayride just outside Pioneer Hall (across the walkway from the front entrance to Pioneer Hall and a few steps to the right). It is a nice, serene ride through the woods of Fort Wilderness, then through some of the dark, quiet roads in the campgrounds. It's really nice. The first time we did this, it was timed perfectly -- our driver took us through the woods to the shore of Bay Lake right as the Electrical Water Pageant was starting. We sat there and watched the parade, then continued on our way. Just a thought to top off your evening after having a great, rowdy time at Hoop De Doo.

drummerboy
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
If you really want to get there fast, stay in a preferred campsite at FW and walk to Pioneer Hall. :D

If you time it right, the buses won't take terribly long. I agree that the boat can be more pleasant though.

Kisobel
03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
we went to MK and took the boat. loved the Hoop De Doo. great food and great entertainment.

kate

linedropper
03-12-2009, 08:16 AM
We have done Hoop Dee Doo the last two times we went and both times we took the boat from Mk to the Hoop dee Doo! But the last time we went a tstorm broke out during the show and they shut the boats down afterwards! So we had to wait forever for a bus, finally got one to take us to the fort wilderness lodge and from there we got to a MK, then we had to grab another bus back to our resort. They could do something better here!

Steve:mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
03-13-2009, 11:35 PM
I hear of people taking cabs all the time - I guess the cabbies don't mind the short local trips? I'm thinking they would probably rather have a fare to the airport.