PDA

View Full Version : Question About DVC Resale

mjaclyn
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi all! I have a couple of quick questions about DVC Resale:

1. If I purchase 200 points at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and later decide to add an additional 50 points but buy into Beach Club instead, would both of these be considered my 'home' resort? Would I be able to book 11 months in advance at either Vero Beach or Beach Club?

2. For those of you who have bought into an off property location like Vero Beach or Hilton Head, is it difficult to book onsite resorts within the 7 month reservation window? (We usually go off peak - September, early December or January)

Thank you!

DISNEYFIX
03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi all! I have a couple of quick questions about DVC Resale:

1. If I purchase 200 points at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and later decide to add an additional 50 points but buy into Beach Club instead, would both of these be considered my 'home' resort? Would I be able to book 11 months in advance at either Vero Beach or Beach Club?!

No, just the 50 points worth of 11mo. booking advantage.

2. For those of you who have bought into an off property location like Vero Beach or Hilton Head, is it difficult to book onsite resorts within the 7 month reservation window? (We usually go off peak - September, early December or January)

Thank you!

Just FYI December is one of the busiest times for DVC.

Buy where you want to stay! I did and never regretted it. All resort prices are down across the board so don't just go for the cheapest. Good luck!

DizneyRox
03-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Yes, BOTH resorts would be your home resort. You can book 200 points at 11 months AT VERO BEACH, AND 50 points at 11 months AT BEACH CLUB. You would have to wait until 7 months out to book 200 of the 250 AT BEACH CLUB.

Buy where you want to stay. There's a reason Vero and Hilton are even cheaper than SSR. Lately, getting into a NON HOME resort is very difficult, especially at DVC peak times. Early December is a DVC peak time.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:19 PM
both would be your home. the big difference is that if you wanted to stay at the one that has the less points you cannot complete your trip until 7 month window.:mickey::mickey:

DizneyRox
03-19-2009, 06:49 AM
both would be your home. the big difference is that if you wanted to stay at the one that has the less points you cannot complete your trip until 7 month window.:mickey::mickey:
Incorrect... You mean, if you need to use ALL your points in one place, you cannot complete your accomodations planning until the 7 month window.