PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for 6mo and 2.5yo

tdk316
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Wondering about what stroller(s) to bring for a 6mo an 2.5yo - the double, two singles, one single and use a Disney stroller for the 2.5yo??? Help!

Pirate Granny
03-10-2009, 11:05 PM
my best buddy bought a double umbrella type stroller to take to WDW...folds up like a charm and very light weight. Disney strollers are becoming very expensive to rent...so try and bring your own...just remember you must fold it up completely BEFORE you board the bus...so one person required to carry baby or toddler onto the bus and one person required to carry the stroller and get it on the bus...sometimes that is the trick as people try to carry it high over the bus seats and aren't very successful...OUCH...
:pirate:

kathiep
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
We like bringing our own. When mine were younger, I always did the 2 umbrella strollers deal. I was able to find umbrella stroller connectors so when we wanted, we connected them and it acted like a double. But we could just as easily pop them off and split up, each with one stroller if necessary. As a previous poster said, renting is too expensive and you'll really want something lightweight and quick & easy to fold up.

disneyers
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
You might also consider whether the stroller reclines for your kids to take naps. Some kids will nap anywhere, but we have one who needs to lay "flat" or she wakes up with every bump.

jonahbear2006
03-12-2009, 02:53 AM
i hate umbrella strollers; too short for hubby, not comfy,and horrible storage. We really loved the Kolcraft Contours double stroller. babiesrus, target.com has them and we loved the options for seating the kids in different fashions, its not a heavy stroller, it folds easily, and the shades come way down over their face if you want them too. the seats come off so if baby is sleeping you can carry the sleeping child into shows or into the land for food and if you are going to the pool you can take just one seat off, pile swim stuff in, let the toddler jump in and its perfect. the other nice thing is that the basket is so big that our 4 yr old was sleeping in the basket during naps in the parks and was in the shade and comfortable enough to get a 2 hr nap while the baby slept comfortably in his seat, above him. We have the single version as well and i think they are the perfect disney strollers.

scootch713
03-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I would bring what they are most comfortable in, since they will be napping in them. You also want something that keeps the sun off them.

tdk316
03-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks, I'll look into all of the options, especially the Kolcraft. We purchased a Sit n' Stand Delux (the one with two seats, not a seat and a bench) but I like the look of the Kolcraft and the older one could ride in front... Thanks again!

tys_mommy
03-18-2009, 04:26 PM
I’d choose what ever you kids are most comfortable in. When we went last April we took a nice double reclining umbrella stroller but when we went back in August the baby was a little older and I knew in the car there were space turf wars so we took 2 single reclining umbrellas. The double was nice b/c one person could push both with the kids sitting in them but was bigger to tote on the busses. The 2 singles were nice for on the busses b/c they folded small but were very difficult for one person (me) to push while DH and older DS were on rides – the 3 y/o ended up pushing his own stroller when we needed to move in this situation.

kakn7294
03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
At your kids' ages, I recommend bringing your own for both if you have something small and lightweight but most definately for the baby. There are advantages to both the double and the singles - you'll have to decide what's right for you. For a double, only 1 adult needed to push (if you baby swap, person left behind can easily move around w/ stroller) but generally bulky and heavy to lug around and sometimes difficult to manuver in crowds. Two singles mean 1 person isn't doing all the pushing but it's difficult to separate (maybe Dad is going to run ahead for FP's while Mom takes her time getting to the attraction - can't do that with 2 strollers to push). When left outside an attraction, it takes more time to locate and grab 2 strollers than it does 1. If it were me, I'd opt for the double.

On a side note, a friend at work just came back and forgot her stroller. She rented a double (kids are DS4 & DD2) but after a few days had to switch to 2 singles because her DD decided to start biting her brother everytime they were in the double together. I guess she didn't want to sit next to him.

disneynarula
03-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Our kids were those ages when we went last time and we used a sit and stand stroller. The baby slept in front and his brother rode on the bench in the back!

javamama
03-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I have a Maclaren twin techno, it's a side by side umbrella. It's the best stroller, I've ever used. I have a few singles, and I had a different double front to back. This stroller pushes so easy, reclines to 5 positions, huge umbrella part, 5 pt harness, leg extenders for the baby, cup holder for mom/dad, pockets in back. I have a link/site that discounts them and no tax/shipping. The tires are bigger, so it moves great even now that my kids are close to 90lbs together it's still easy to push for me. Plus it folds pretty flat, and it's easy to open and close. I bought it for WDW in '07 when my dd was 8 months and my ds was 3.5, this will be our 3rd WDW trip with it--we love it. Plus we take it everywhere here, zoo, shopping, long walks it's great and worth every penny IMO. PM me if you want the info--HTH!