PDA

View Full Version : Who Will It Be?

Ed
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Okay ~~ the names of the two new ships have been announced; Disney Dream (to launch in 2011) and Disney Fantasy (2012). That much is settled.

It appears from the artist's conceptions that both of the new ships will have similar fancy scrolls and art on the bow, and presumably also on the stern.

Those of you who are familiar with the ships know that the Magic has Goofy hanging off the stern, "painting" the ship's name, and the Wonder has Donald.

So that raises the question:

Which characters will be doing the artwork on the sterns of the two new ships? :shrug:

:pluto: :tink: :minnie2: :mickey2: :dale: :chip:

I'm kinda partial to :tigger:

AbeeNormal
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Ohhh..... I just love the thought.

How about Tinker Bell for Fantasy and Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum for Dream !!!!:tink:

How fun I can't wait to see everyone else's thoughts.:sail:

BMan62
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Won't Carnival be upset since they just unveiled their own ship with the name Carnival Dream?

TammiMcMan
03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I totally agree with Tinkerbelle for Fantasy :thumbsup:. Maybe Sorcerer Mickey for Dreams?

hlkeck
03-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I like Tink, but maybe a princess for Dreams?

Although Daisy and Minnie would be nice too...

jodijo
03-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I love the idea of Tink for Fantasy.

I think a princes would be great for Dream. I vote for Cinderella because she sings - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.

It would be very cool if they made them figureheads like the mermaids on old ships.

DisneyFr33k
03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Or how about the Fairy Godmother? - She is the one who helped make the dreams come true! I could see her on the front of the ship, looking as if she is flying - with her wand, making all our dreams come true!!

Experiment626
03-14-2009, 07:25 AM
How about Peter Pan and Tinkerbell for the Dream, which would tie in to the DIsney Dreams show. And how about Sorcerer Mickey for the Fantasy(Fantasia).

And aside from the Statues on the back, who does everyone think will be the statues in the Atrium?:mickey:

Kennywife
03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I think Cinderella should be on the Dream. I also think that the horn on that ship should be, "A Dream is a Wish your Heart makes." It would just be so perfect! :number1:

Mickey from Fantasia would be perfect for the Fantasy!

Anna

TammiMcMan
03-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Or how about the Fairy Godmother?Oh, now I'm torn. I love the Fairy Godmother idea too.

Donald_Quackers
03-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I would think Tink for the Dream and agree with others about Sorcerer Mickey for the Fantasy.

As for the atrium statues -- Steamboat Willie Mickey for the Dream and Cinderella for the Fantasy.

How's that? :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
03-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Aside from my Fairy Godmother for the Dream (making dreams come true), but DH thought of King Triton or Ariel as they are nautical......

ElenitaB
03-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Ariel is already featured as the statue in the Atrium, and Triton... well, the restaurant right off the atrium on the Wonder IS Triton's (there's a beautiful mosaic on the back wall). And the atrium statue on the Magic is Steamboat Willie.

I love the idea of Tink for the Fantasy and the Fairy Godmother for Dreams! :thumbsup:

As for the atrium statues, I do like the idea of Cinderella for the Dream and maybe Sorcerer Mickey for the Fantasy.

Donald_Quackers
03-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Actually, the statue in the Magic is Helmsman Mickey, not Steamboat Willie Mickey.

Although, now I think of it, Steamboat Willie Mickey is already on the bow of the Wonder.

wendy*darling
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I love the idea of Tink for the Fantasy and the Fairy Godmother for Dreams! :thumbsup:

As for the atrium statues, I do like the idea of Cinderella for the Dream and maybe Sorcerer Mickey for the Fantasy.

Ellen, I agree completely with all of your ideas!
I was just about to post my choices and then got to your post.
Great minds... ;)

TheTexasKid
03-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I definitely agree with Tink for the Fantasy, but may I suggest an alternative or several alternatives for the Dream. For the Dream, I'd like to suggest Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather from "Sleeping Beauty."