PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Dining

DZNYGUY
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
So my fiance' and I have booked our disney vacation for this coming July at the Grand Floridian and we are approaching our ADR date. As of now we plan on making reservations at the following restaurants (in no particular order):

California Grill
Boma
Le Cellier
San Angel Inn
Tutto Italia
Sci-Fi Diner
Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Package!)

Can anyone offer some romantic ideas for retaurants we could add/modify this list for? We have been to all of these places and love all of them (of course!), but I think we may be missing out on some other opportunities...reccomend away! Thanks!!!

SBETigg
03-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Narcoossee's, Citricos, and Grand Floridian Cafe are all wonderful, romantic, and right there in your resort. I honeymooned at the GF, and I think you've made a fantastic choice. Best wishes!

DreamFinder2
03-10-2009, 07:11 PM
My DW and I stayed at GF for our 10th Anniversary last year...we're always fans of Cali Grille and GF Cafe. But we tried Narcoosee's for the first time...wow! It's fantastic! Very romantic (ask for a window...you might have to wait, but it's worth it) and wonderful food. :thumbsup:

Also, make sure you've indicated your anniversary on all of your reservations (resort and ADRs). At Narcoosee's we got a custom menu (had our names printed on it, etc.) and champagne and a dessert. And WEAR YOUR PINS!!! We were getting free stuff all over the place the whole week...finally got sort of embarrased and stopped wearing them :blush:

crazygoalie39
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Any GF restaurant is great, but especially Narcoossee's. Fantastic. And obviously V&A.
A lot of World Showcase restaurants are romantic...Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo, Chefs de France. :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
03-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Trade Boma for Jikos! We had our anniversary dinner at Jikos last may and it is very romantic and some of the best food I have ever eaten. While Boma is a great buffet, nothing romantic about it as it will be covered with loud families etc. Jiko is quiet and they will take you around the place explaining the decor and give you a short wine tour. You will not be disappointed.:thumbsup:

epceddie
03-11-2009, 01:57 AM
My wife and I enjoyed a lovely first anniversary dinner this past October at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney.
I was able to order flowers beforehand (check their website) and they were on the table when we arrived, with a card.
We were given a special table with high-back chairs and our waiter couldn't have been nicer.
We had some pre-dinner drinks at their great bar and the bread pudding we had for dessert was out of this world.

SBETigg
03-11-2009, 07:31 AM
My wife and I enjoyed a lovely first anniversary dinner this past October at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney...We had some pre-dinner drinks at their great bar and the bread pudding we had for dessert was out of this world.

Raglan Road is fun, with good food and live music. That bread pudding is incredible.

DZNYGUY
03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Fantastic ideas! Thanks so much everyone!

Can anyone tell me a little more about Jikos? Is the food similar to Boma, but in a sit-down restaurant form? Of course I could just read about it online, but the testimonials from all of you help so much more....Thanks!

BethieTink
03-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I might also suggest doing the Hoop Dee Do Revue. Romantic and gourmet, no, but good food, a fun show and if you mention that you just got married the whole place will make a fuss over you.

SBETigg
03-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Fantastic ideas! Thanks so much everyone!

Can anyone tell me a little more about Jikos? Is the food similar to Boma, but in a sit-down restaurant form? Of course I could just read about it online, but the testimonials from all of you help so much more....Thanks!

Jiko is not quite like Boma. Some similar flavors used in cooking, perhaps, but it is more of a fine dining experience. More elaborate cuisine, more elegant setting, nice South African wine list. There are menus for all Disney Dining at Info Central (under dining (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp)). This might give you a better idea.

garymacd
03-12-2009, 01:04 PM
For a really romantic experience and a fair amount of cash, you should try Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

You need to dress for the occasion, but expect to be pampered during your eight-course meal. Try the wine pairing, and don't forget to order coffee at the end of your meal.

PixieMagic
03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Don't forget Marrakesh (Morocco) The Rose&Crown at the UK (awesome patio seating for fireworks if you're lucky) and our favorite Teppan Edo (Japan) this is hibachi/teppanyaki dining - they cook in front of you and the food is AMAZING