PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a Saratoga Springs problem!!!

threeh
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
We only stayed 2 nights and it was GREAT!!! We are going to try and stay at WLV next trip but I keep hoping I won't get the ressie and can stay at SSR again. Just wanted to share my tough dillema!!!:mickey:

JMTStone
03-10-2009, 03:07 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem....

All kidding aside, I call SSR home. We have 220 points there. Its great. We want to try all of the DVC resorts and BWV is my favorite so far but I will NOT be sad having to "settle" for SSR if I don't get waiting list in the future.

No matter what... you will have a great time!:mickey:

threeh
03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
JMT, you hit the nail on the head. I don't want to sound like Pollyana, but I am sooo freaking happy with my DVC:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
I have a Saratoga Springs problem too.....
...small world:smickey:

Mushu11756
03-10-2009, 04:16 PM
That's our home resort also! We like it there as well. Our only gripe is the bus system. Maybe it's fixed now but all in all we are very happy with resort!:mickey:

peemagg
03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
We call SSR home also and LOVE IT!!! We are trying some of the others, but are not sad if we can't get into them. It is a great resort.

Ian
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
We own at SSR and love it, too. I enjoy staying there and am really looking forward to our 2BR stay in August! :thumbsup:

Ed
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
We're owners there, too - - have added points to our original membership twice so we can spend more time there. We love the place.

:thumbsup:

epceddie
03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
My wife and I have OKW as our home resort and we love the fact that we can always stay there and SSR is also usually available.

We stayed in a 1BR with a great view of Downtown Disney for our honeymoon and we enjoyed the food at Artist Palette.

I love the SSR quiet pool that's on the water across from DTD. It's a great place to spend an afternoon.

PoohsGang
03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
We only stayed 2 nights and it was GREAT!!! We are going to try and stay at WLV next trip but I keep hoping I won't get the ressie and can stay at SSR again. Just wanted to share my tough dillema!!!:mickey:

We just got back Sunday and our stay was terrible, we found the place to be a dump. Let me explain before you attack me. We went to our Studio in Congress Park to find the carpet worn through to the cement, dust on the moulding and mop boards you could write your name in. A teleivision unit you could use a leaf blower to remove the dust with. We opened the couch for our guest to find it broken, then it wouldn't close. The bathroom door would close within an inch of shutting then stop, and I really tried to close it. Room 1247 in case anyone wants to know. We complained took them over a day to move us at which time we had no room, and if we wanted clothes we had to go to bell services. Buses so bad we spent 80.00 on cabs as we found it took at least 2 hours of our day away. The new room was clean, but worn, carpets worn through, dirty, sofa cushions worn through to the foam. This place is no better than a Motel 6. If Disney paid me I wouldn't stay in that dump again. We were embarrased as we had guests staying with us that we constantly brag too on how wonderful the DVC Resorts are. How that place can be called a resort is beyond me, I now know why some are selling on the resale market for under 80.00 per point. Our friends said they didn't even feel like they were at Disney. I wish we could have used our developer points at BCV or BLT I feel were were penalized instead of rewarded for buying by having to stay in such a worn out resort. It amazes me that such a young resort could be in such worn out shape, I would expect that at BCV or BWV as they are older. The place is anything but Disney Magic!

Aurora
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
We just got back Sunday and our stay was terrible, we found the place to be a dump. Let me explain before you attack me. We went to our Studio in Congress Park to find the carpet worn through to the cement, dust on the moulding and mop boards you could write your name in. A teleivision unit you could use a leaf blower to remove the dust with. We opened the couch for our guest to find it broken, then it wouldn't close. The bathroom door would close within an inch of shutting then stop, and I really tried to close it. Room 1247 in case anyone wants to know. We complained took them over a day to move us at which time we had no room, and if we wanted clothes we had to go to bell services. Buses so bad we spent 80.00 on cabs as we found it took at least 2 hours of our day away. The new room was clean, but worn, carpets worn through, dirty, sofa cushions worn through to the foam. This place is no better than a Motel 6. If Disney paid me I wouldn't stay in that dump again. We were embarrased as we had guests staying with us that we constantly brag too on how wonderful the DVC Resorts are. How that place can be called a resort is beyond me, I now know why some are selling on the resale market for under 80.00 per point. Our friends said they didn't even feel like they were at Disney. I wish we could have used our developer points at BCV or BLT I feel were were penalized instead of rewarded for buying by having to stay in such a worn out resort. It amazes me that such a young resort could be in such worn out shape, I would expect that at BCV or BWV as they are older. The place is anything but Disney Magic!

Wow! We have ONLY stayed at Congress Park and never had the experience you had. How awful! I hope you take the opportunity to write to DVC and let them know.

Here we go again...
03-13-2009, 04:15 AM
Wow PoohsGang, I am sorry to hear that. I would have complained and if nothing else was available I would have asked to be moved to another resort. That is crazy.

I love SSR too. We have booked VWL and BLT for August and I hope they do not ruin SSR for me. We have 210 points there so we get to spend plenty of time... We did stay at OKW and loved that too.... hmmmm... I guess that just means that I am happy with my purchase. :D

PoohsGang
03-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Wow PoohsGang, I am sorry to hear that. I would have complained and if nothing else was available I would have asked to be moved to another resort. That is crazy.

I love SSR too. We have booked VWL and BLT for August and I hope they do not ruin SSR for me. We have 210 points there so we get to spend plenty of time... We did stay at OKW and loved that too.... hmmmm... I guess that just means that I am happy with my purchase. :D

We did call our guide who directed us to member services to which we wrote letters and sent pictures to. We recieved a response yesterday saying it was sent to the satisfaction team, they are suppose to respond in 5 days. I'm not looking for anything (especially another stay at that resort/dump) we just want to let them know that it was not up to or even close to DVC or Disney Standards, so that this doesn't happen to another family. Honestly makes me wonder what they due with the maintainence money that is suppose to go to keeping up the place, if that was my home resort I would have alot of questions as to what was happening to my annual dues money and what it's being used toward.

Aero
03-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Sorry to hear about the poor experience, PoohsGang. Can you share the photos with us?

- Aero

PoohsGang
03-13-2009, 01:21 PM
We have recived a respose that our complaint has been forwarded. We should hear in 5 days, I feel it's best/fair to wait as they have been sincere in there responses thus far to our problems/concerns, before posting any pictures, its in the handsof the satisfaction team now. We will wait and see what comes of this. Again we just don't want this to happen to another family.

Aero
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
We have recived a respose that our complaint has been forwarded. We should hear in 5 days, I feel it's best/fair to wait as they have been sincere in there responses thus far to our problems/concerns, before posting any pictures, its in the handsof the satisfaction team now. We will wait and see what comes of this. Again we just don't want this to happen to another family.

Any follow up on this? What was Disney's response?

- Aero

PoohsGang
04-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Long story short, they apoligized. Don't actually know what I expected. Ive laid it too rest as I have no want to go to Saratoga again anyways. Did Disney handle it right? I cant honestly answer,as each of us may have a different response, all I can say is it left a bad taste in my mouth, again I have laid it to rest as Disney has seemed to do also.

MinnieMommie
04-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with such an inadequate room at SSR. This is especially puzzling because the resort is so new. We once had a room at BC that was not up to par but never at SSR where we have stayed often. I can see how this has left you with the sense that you would not like to stay at SSR again. With so many DVCs to choose from it is better to stay someplace where you will feel more at home. :mickey:

AHOTE
04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
We just got back Sunday and our stay was terrible, we found the place to be a dump. Let me explain before you attack me. We went to our Studio in Congress Park to find the carpet worn through to the cement, dust on the moulding and mop boards you could write your name in....

Sorry to hear about your problems with your trip. I had the same experience with my studio room in April 2007, Congress Park. The carpet had holes in it, the carpet was dirty. The bathroom had not been cleaned, I'll let it go at that. We had arrived late in the evening. I complained about the problems, got a terse, "sorry about that but you realize it's late". I wound up cleaning the bathroom myself. The next day they sent someone to look at the unit but it went no farther than that. I wrote an email followed up by a letter, complete with photos, and guess what, I still haven't heard a thing. The last trip in Nov. 2008 was in a 1 bedroom that had it's own problems but they were minor and were addressed and fixed within an hour of our complaint. Based on that I would have thought things were getting better.

GAN
04-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Sounds like you should have been a little more forceful. That would be the day I got a room that had the carpet worn-through to the cement or cushions worn to the foam, that I waited "over a day" to be moved! I would have waited in the lobby till they got me something acceptable and then asked to be compensated for my wasted time. Hopefully you were/will be compensated. The housekeeping issue is a whole other story and not isolated to SSR at all, but I would expect that to be handled quickly as well. We've stayed there twice and never had a problem, either with the room or the transportation. To compare it to Motel 6 is a little ridiculous, but I can understand your frustration.