PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Nite Out

BamaJenn
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone has ever used the Kid's Nite Out service offered "through" Disney (by way of a third party care giver)?

I am considering surprising my husband with a night to ourselves on this upcoming trip but with KNO being $16/hour and needing a minimum of 4 hours, I want to be sure it'd be worth the cost before I make any decisions.

From what I've read, they'd come to our room to sit for our son but being that we're staying at ASMo I'm wondering just what they do when they come to a room like that. Obviously there aren't many options other than watching TV. Do they bring games or activities of some sort?

wire0monkey
03-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I haven't used them. I have used Fairy Godmothers.They were great.

They can do activities or take the kids to the playground or go for a walk. They will feed the kids dinner. Sometimes they bring a movie for the kids to watch. No swimming.

You could also take your kids to a children's center at another resort. There's one at AKL, which is close. There's also one at the Polynesian.

BamaJenn
03-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I haven't used them. I have used Fairy Godmothers.They were great.

They can do activities or take the kids to the playground or go for a walk. They will feed the kids dinner. Sometimes they bring a movie for the kids to watch. No swimming.

You could also take your kids to a children's center at another resort. There's one at AKL, which is close. There's also one at the Polynesian.
I probably should've mentioned that the reason I'm looking into KNO and not one of the on-property things is because my son is only 3 and they all require age 4 or older. Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

g8rgirl29
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
We used Kids Nite Out when our DD was 3 and really were happy with the service. I will send you a link with reviews of the service. It is pricey but worth every penny!! Just be really clear upfront about what you are comfortable with in a sitter and they will do the best they can to provide this for you.

wire0monkey
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I probably should've mentioned that the reason I'm looking into KNO and not one of the on-property things is because my son is only 3 and they all require age 4 or older. Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

Yeah, that's where were last time. I had a four year old and a two year old. I was really happy with my in-room sitter. It was easy and she was great.

Dulcee
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
$16/hour and needing a minimum of 4 hours

:jaw: I wish I could have charged those prices when I babysat.

Nonetheless, :thumbsup: good luck with finding a great sitter and enjoy your night out.

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info everyone! Anyone have any idea on what sorts of things they do in your room with the child?

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Just booked a "motherly" or "grandmotherly" sitter for Thursday April 2nd. Going to take my hubby to Disney Quest. We've never been because my son isn't old enough and we're both "gamers" so I think it'll be a nice surprise. He should love it.

PinKy
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
I think you'll be very happy with KNO. We use them every year for one evening when we go to WDW. They bring age appropriate toys/games and if you sign a permission slip they can take your child for a walk, to the main area of the resort maybe for games at the arcade, etc. Movies are a good idea too. And the caregivers document EVERYTHING and are throrough bordering on neurotic, but I'm sure that is a legal thing.

Also, $16 is not an outrageous price in some areas. That's about what it costs us up here.

We loved them and felt very comfortable leaving our son with them. This year we'll be leaving 2 with them. I think you'll like them too.

luvkatiebug
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
We used KNO last May, and they were great. My youngest daughter was 3.5, and couldn't go to the disney clubs yet either. The girl (and I'm sorry, but I can't remember her name) was probably college age, and she took the girls to eat (as per our instruction ) and they played on her computer and she had like a suitcase of things to play with. I think they can take them to the game room and things like that. My husband and I went out to eat at LeCellier for our anniversary, and we probably stayed out like 3 or 4 hours. I thought it was great - expensive, but sometimes you deserve a treat!:mickey:

MidnTPK
03-13-2009, 02:27 PM
We used KNO three nights last year when the wife and I wanted to go do the E-Tickets during evening EMHs.

We were very pleased with our sitter and felt quite comfortable with her. We put our daughter (then 15 months) down ourselves, but the sitter easily could have managed that. I'll share our sitter's name privately with anyone who would like it. She was a 40-something year old woman who was a former pre-school teacher.

Two of the evenings, our little girl slept the entire time. She's still teething so one of the nights she woke up and the sitter had to soothe her several times. The sitter obviously did a good job because our child went back to sleep.

We'll use KNO again on future visits.