PDA

View Full Version : July 4th

Scott C
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I know I know......But it was the only week we could go. We will be arriving at POFQ around 5 on the 4th. What are the chances that we will be able to gain admission to the MK to see the fireworks.....yep I know it will be a zoo. Also I remember that there are several stages of park closure -- anyone remember the process

Thanks
Scott C

faline
03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I think you might find the Magic Kingdom closed to additional guests on that day.

As I understand it, parks close in phases:
First - day guests who do not alrady have tickets are turned away at the Auto Plaza.
Second - They continue to admit resort guests, premium and annual passholders, folks hopping from another park or re-entering the park, those using Disney transportation, and those arrivng in taxis.
Third - They continue to admit resort guests using Disney transportation from their resort or another theme park, annual and premium passholders, and Shades of Green and Downtown Disney guests using the transportation from their resorts.
Fourth - closed to everyone.

Scott C
03-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks -- that's the info I was looking for -- guess I could always do the poly beach

Scott C

faline
03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Sometimes they have also restricted access to that beach to only who are registered there although others have reported they've had no trouble getting access.

JoDisney
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Will July 5th continue to have the possibility of park closure? We normally do not go in the Summer, but have no choice due to increases of costs to go on the weekends. I definitely have no desire to go on the 4th. However on the day after the 4th we will arrive and will love to take advantage of resort in the afternoons. We go to the parks in the morning and of course go back in the late afternoon and stay until closing and enjoy restaurants and all the fun.

Scott C
03-10-2009, 02:47 PM
We are planning on going to epcot on the 5th--it seems to absorb the crowds better. I am not sure that I have ever heard of it closing. A few years ago we made a mistake and listened to the bus drivers advice on the 4th and went to dhs. It was OK -- but wish we would have gone to mk

Thanks
Scott C

faline
03-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd be surprised if any of the parks reach capacity on the 5th.

DizneyRox
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
The water parks will probably hit closure at least that whole week. They get very busy that time of year. I don't expect the parks to reach capacity this 4th though, with the exception of MK. That place is a zoo no matter what time of year.

JoDisney
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree about MK, it is crowded. I only like to go to MK in the evening when they have extra evening hours and when they have their Halloween, Pirate, and Christmas parties. I seem to always hit the right nights for those!