PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

leighe
03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
DH and I are both AP holders. We are booked in April with the 4/3 deal and only got 1 day base passes. Our APs need to be renewed during our trip. Does anyone know if we will be able to apply the base ticket to the price of a renewal?

Thanks!

KylesMom
03-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Absolutely. That is what we will be doing, except our A/Ps won't run out this trip. The only way I would book the 4/3 was if the $75 we paid for each base ticket could go for our A/Ps next time around. That means we get a huge reduction on the room this time around, and next time around we'll each have $150 in credits to apply to our new A/Ps. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Absolutely. That is what we will be doing, except our A/Ps won't run out this trip. The only way I would book the 4/3 was if the $75 we paid for each base ticket could go for our A/Ps next time around. That means we get a huge reduction on the room this time around, and next time around we'll each have $150 in credits to apply to our new A/Ps. :mickey:

Disney will typically only allow you to use one ticket per trade in, so if the $150 is made up of 2 single day passes, it probably won't work.

KylesMom
03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Disney will typically only allow you to use one ticket per trade in, so if the $150 is made up of 2 single day passes, it probably won't work.
Wow, I sure hope not. Better get ahold of MJ to clarify - I was under the impression we could use all of the pre-purchased 1-day admissions towards our A/Ps. Thanks for the heads-up!

CleveRocks
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Disney allows ticket upgrades strictly on a one-towards-one basis (my wording, not Disney's).

In other words, you can't take two 1-day tickets and try to use their value towards one AP. Simply can't be done.

But upgrading a single 1-day ticket to an AP? No problem.

KylesMom
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Yep, MJ just confirmed that we could only use one of the base tickets each towards the next purchase of A/Ps - not both.

We're still saving $1,014 on the 4/3 deal versus the AAA room-only rate we originally booked with in September, but the three base tickets we are purchasing with the second seven days of our trip will go unused for quite some time. Thanks for catching this, Rhonda!