PDA

View Full Version : Dining opinions...

Ltmoko
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I would like some opinions of a few places we have not eaten at or have not been at in awhile. Tutto Italia, Le Clellier, Lotus Blossum and Yakitori House. Looking for good and bad if you all would, please. Thanks....

SBETigg
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Le Cellier is good. It's pretty consistent as far as food and service and you will find lots of glowing reviews, very few bad reviews. I haven't been to Tutto Italia, but I wasn't a fan of the previous Italian restaurant and this has to be an improvement.

Of the two quick service places you mention, I much prefer Yakitori House. It's quick service food that tastes more like a full service meal. One of our favorites. Lotus Blossom is mediocre, fairly standard Chinese takeout of average quality. It's not bad but there are far better choices around World Showcase, like Yakitori House, Cantina de San Angel, or Tangierine Cafe.

Natazu
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Le Cellier Steakhouse (Table Service) ☺☺☺☺☻
With spotty service being the only drawback, Le Cellier is a consistent crowd pleaser. The Cheddar Cheese Soup is top notch and the Duck Two-Ways is as good as it is good (little chef joke there). One of the few restaurants you can get an appetizer on the basic Dining Plan (of you order the combo meal), it’s a great value anytime.

Tutto Italia (Table Service) ☺☺☺
Quite a bit better than the canned Italian food you get at Tony’s or Mama Melrose’s, Tutto brings a more authentic board of fare. The menu is quite a bit more varied than the usual Italian eatery so even the pickiest diner can find something. The servers are dressed to kill in starched white shirts and black ties which is a little over the top for a place in a theme park but that may just be me. All the ingredients are fresh and the wine list is above average. The problem seems to be execution. There are three things that make a restaurant excel or fail, consistency, consistency, and consistency. Tutto Italia isn’t maintaining consistent food quality. People shouldn’t leave a $150 dinner saying “pretty good”. People should leave with their schedules in their hand trying to figure out when they can fit in another visit.

Lotus Blossom Cafe (Counter Service) ☺☺☺
The food here is excellent. Two thumbs up to the Orange Chicken, Potstickers, Egg Rolls, and Shrimp Fried Rice. Sadly, the desserts are atrociously bad. Ginger ice cream? Who eats that? But, I digress. Come for the food, leave before dessert.

Yakitori House (Counter Service) ☺☺☺☻
For a quick, flavorful meal, Yakitori is a good choice. As long as there’s something on the menu that appeals to you, this place will deliver a great lunch. I like the Udon Beef and anything Sukiyaki.