PDA

View Full Version : Br'er Characters & 3 Fairies

AXOAlum
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
We are going to the world 3/21-29 for DD's 1st birthday. I want to get as many photos/autographs for her as possible (avid scrapbooker here) but also DS 6 loves the character interactions also.

My 1st question is regarding the Br'er characters (Rabbit, Fox and Bear) - are they normally out, or is this a more rare find? I have been doing my Intercot research on all the characters, but wanted to see if anyone could give me some info (so I'll know whether or not to bother with creating autograph pages for them since I am creating an album from scratch).

My 2nd question is regarding Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. I have seen them in parades, but are they ever out for meet & greets, and if so, where?

Thanks everyone! :mickey:

emmbowles
03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I know that the fairies don't meet anywhere, unfortunately. They are some of my favorites and I really wish they did!

As for the Brer Bear and Fox, I think they are fairly common. Brer Rabbit is harder to find. I still haven't met him. I think you may find the other two at Animal Kingdom or maybe at Splash Mountain entrance. Good Luck!:mickey:

joanna71985
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
We are going to the world 3/21-29 for DD's 1st birthday. I want to get as many photos/autographs for her as possible (avid scrapbooker here) but also DS 6 loves the character interactions also.

My 1st question is regarding the Br'er characters (Rabbit, Fox and Bear) - are they normally out, or is this a more rare find? I have been doing my Intercot research on all the characters, but wanted to see if anyone could give me some info (so I'll know whether or not to bother with creating autograph pages for them since I am creating an album from scratch).

My 2nd question is regarding Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. I have seen them in parades, but are they ever out for meet & greets, and if so, where?

Thanks everyone! :mickey:

Out of the Brers, only Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit have been out recently (Brer Fox seems to have disappeared). Both can be found at AK, in the front of the park. I don't know how common they are, but that is your best bet for Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit.

As for the 3 Fairies, they do not come out for meets. Sorry.

Hayden's Dad
03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Out of the Brers, only Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit have been out recently (Brer Fox seems to have disappeared). Both can be found at AK, in the front of the park. I don't know how common they are, but that is your best bet for Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit.

Joanna nailed it on the head. We have met both the Brer's at the Oasis. Most recently Brer Rabbit, a couple of weekends ago,that was fun. He was the first character we met that trip. We had not met him before and I feel he is pretty rare, although i think Greenlawler will disagree with me :D. Have fun and happy hunting. :mickey:

Greenlawler
03-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Joanna nailed it on the head. We have met both the Brer's at the Oasis. Most recently Brer Rabbit, a couple of weekends ago,that was fun. He was the first character we met that trip. We had not met him before and I feel he is pretty rare, although i think Greenlawler will disagree with me :D. Have fun and happy hunting. :mickey:

:thumbsup:
I kind of agree, I think he is rare most of the time but right now he is somewhat common. It seems like he is out every other day or so.
No clue how long that will last though. As for Brer Fox, he is out at DL but not the World right now.
As for the faries you probably have not much of a chance but ask around, make sure you let people know you want to meet them, you will be told no 99% of the time but there is always a chance, especially since they are in the parades

Hayden'sdad when is your next trip?

kari b.
03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Edited as I thought you meant the tinkerbelle faeries.... But you can find the brers at Animal Kingdom in different places. Best to get there at Rope drop.

like2workout
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
i agree that now's a good time to find brer rabbit. my january trip was my first time to see him in over 10 years!

RBrooksC
03-18-2009, 10:44 AM
I have seen Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox the last three times I have been to Disney. I have NEVER seen Br'er Rabbit. Actually the last time I was there in 2007 I was told by the handler that Br'er Rabbit was hiding because Br'er Fox was going to try to eat him, and then Br'er Fox rubbed his belly.

I would love to get my photo with Br'er Rabbit so I would have all those characters.

From what I have been told the Br'er characters are the training characters. I do not know that for sure but that is what I have been told.

joanna71985
03-18-2009, 02:35 PM
From what I have been told the Br'er characters are the training characters. I do not know that for sure but that is what I have been told.

That's not true.

Blue Genie
03-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Sends I'm from Ca. I can tell you that I only have seen Brer Fox and Bear only at summer time by Critter country where Splash MT. is and Hungry Bear restaunt is. I have never seen Brer Rabbit. And this is at Disneyland. As with WDW Merryweather and the other 2 have not met for meet and greet but I hope one day they will. They only been in Parade Of Dreams and POD is no longer playing at Disneyland. :fit::crying: