PDA

View Full Version : Weather in January & February

PrincessJadesMom
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
What is the weather like at WDW during January and February? Will it be too cold or rainy to enjoy the parks?

faline
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
One word - variable. You will find that you might have warm - even warm enough to swim weather and you might have cold - cold enough for mittens and coats weather and you may even have both extremes in the same trip. It's possible you'll get some rain but I wouldn't expect that you'd get a lot at this time of year.

tink179
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
We love going in January and have all 5 of our trips! When we were there in Jan 09' it sprinkled once when we were there out of our 9 days. When you think of temperatures it depends on where your from. I'm from Iowa and we were dealing with -40's and 50's with windchill, so it was wonderful for us there. we had only 2 days that were 50's for highs, 2 days of 60's, and the rest were 70's and low 80's. Very enjoyable for us!!!:cloud9: Oh, how long before I can go back???? :mickey:

Disney Doll
03-10-2009, 07:44 AM
I agree with both the previous posters. The weather is variable and it all depends on your perspective as to whether or not you think it's cold. Pack some of everything so you will be ready for the fluxuating temps. Most days we wear jeans and tees with a light jacket for mornings and evenings. While the pools are heated, I personally think it is too cold to swim, but there are plenty of other people swimming so it just depends on what is cold to you. We also see northers wearing shorts to the parks which again is just not comfortable to me. We have expereinced a few extra chilly nights in Jan/Feb when temps got down below freezing and there was frost on the ground in the morning so definitely bring your winter gear. I love Jan/Feb because at least it's not hot. I think it's a great time of year to go. Enjoy!

RocknBev
03-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Other than Oct and Christmas, it is our favorite time to go! You do need to plan to take layers! When we were there in Jan this year, DH and I wore shorts although at night it was cool and I wore a jacket.
Because of the variance in weather, you can count on low crowds (with the exception of President's Day weekend) which is a bonus. I always see guests enjoying the pool! So I say...GO FOR IT!

FenwayGirl
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Our families favorite time to go. We typically go over MLK weekend.
And yes, you never know what you are going to get. It can be very cold...but there have been days when we were able to wear shorts and swim. Don't expect a lot of rain.
My advice, dress in layers and use the lockers in the front of the parks to store sweaters and jackets. Also, the best thing about Jan...no humidity. :cloud9:

dixielandings
03-10-2009, 09:45 AM
The absolute coldest day I've ever spent at WDW was in Feb over President's Weekend. Beautiful day but debilitating wind and temperature. However, most of the time we're there at that time of year, the weather is mild and very nice. Check weather.com before you go and pack accordingly.

DisneyDoug2
03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
We go late every year in January, one day you can be enjoying the water parks and the next wearing a coat wondering why you are on SM!

mjesq
03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
We went Jan/Feb of '08 and the weather was beautiful - a little overcast and and in the high 70's low 80's (while our neighbors enjoyed a below 0 cold snap up here!). We swam every day and had the best trip EVER ...

My colleague went the same time this year, and it was chilly. 60's most of the time (I think).

Personally? Small price to pay for low crowds and not sweating!:thumbsup:

DawsonAR
03-12-2009, 02:50 PM
We have had our coldest day ever in the parks in January. There was even snow flurries predicted....didn't happen....but we had big coats packed, but the wind made it almost unbearable at times. It only lasted a day or so, and overall the trip was great. We were in jeans and t-shirts later in the week. We would go again at this time.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
We've stayed in January over the last few years. It ranged from cool & overcast to hot every time. To us, it's never been unbearably cold. Certain days, we were swimming and other days, throwing on layer and sitting by the pool. Aside from convenience for our schedules, it's our favorite time to go for the very low crowds, Christmas decorations and (to us) really nice weather in comparison to what we have at home. Our only issue has been flight delays returning home due to snowy weather.