View Full Version : What time can you check in for early check in?

Gooftroop5
03-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Due to the fact we don't want to pay an additional night at the POR so we are staying off Disney the night before. We want to go to the park the same day we check in.

What is the earliest time you can do that? What time can we expect to make it to the parks? We have checked in early before but it was after noon.

I know we won't have a room but that isn't an issue. We are planning on calling between the designated times when they say our room is ready leave unpack the cars, take the kids swimming then go back into the EMH at whatever park is that night. (we have park hoppers) when it will be cooler.

Also is the check out lines really that long anymore? We have had the express checkout so I don't know what check out is like anymore. we will probably be checking in when we get there (not using online check in) because we have some special needs & need to garauntee they are there (such as ground floor & either connecting or adjoining rooms)

TammiMcMan
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
What is the earliest time you can do that? What time can we expect to make it to the parks?You can check in as early as 6:30 - 7am. I would guesstimate that you'd be at the park entrance within an hour of check-in.

Also is the check out lines really that long anymore? We have had the express checkout so I don't know what check out is like anymore. we will probably be checking in when we get there (not using online check in) because we have some special needs & need to garauntee they are there (such as ground floor & either connecting or adjoining rooms)Online check-in has just started and it probably hasn't had much effect on the regular registration lines yet. You shouldn't run into much of a crowd at 7am.

In regards to your special requests, there's no guarantee unless you went through medical services. They're the only ones who can block rooms. You may want to consider that option if it's a medical special need. Otherwise, you're at the mercy of available inventory.

WDWFanatic
03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Good question. I just assumed you could check in any time in the morning, get your park passes and then check into your room later in the day when the room is ready.

This is what we are planning on doing in April because we are spending a couple nights before our trip at a relatives house.

Is their a set time you can check in at?

KylesMom
03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
We've done check-in as early as 6:30 am before when we drove. Although our room was not ready, we were able to hit the MK at park opening that year.

We, too, will be bypassing the online check-in option. Especially since you're arriving early, I can't see that the lines will be overly long. :mickey:

Gooftroop5
03-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Yes there is a medical reason & my parents had no problem last year as it was put on the reservation. I am not sure how it was handled because our AAA agent handled everything for us. She is doing again this year the exact same way.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping it was that early but then i thought it might not be closer to check out time.

KylesMom
03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the information. I was hoping it was that early but then i thought it might not be closer to check out time.
I think that most folks opt for the Express Checkout Service. When we've been in the lobby that early, lines are minimal.

Gooftroop5
03-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I think that most folks opt for the Express Checkout Service. When we've been in the lobby that early, lines are minimal.

Thanks. We didn't even ask for express checkout the last time. They automatically did it which was fine. We didn't have any problems. The longest lines I saw was the line for the people getting transportation to the airport.

TammiMcMan
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Good question. I just assumed you could check in any time in the morning, get your park passes and then check into your room later in the day when the room is ready.Yes, you can do just that.

Is their a set time you can check in at?Not sure what you mean by "set" time. You can check in anytime from 6:30am on.