PDA

View Full Version : Free admission on Birthday's!! how does that work?

Tinkgirl28
03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone,
Hey im going to be going to Disneyworld with my best friend and her 2 kids and her daughters birthday is august 21st and we are planning to go around the 18th through the 25th i know that if we sign her up for her birthday she will get free admission into the park, but do the rest of us get free admission as well or would it be just her? Thanks again!!:confused:

Disney Doll
03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Just the birthday girl will get in free. When she registers online your friend will get a certificate to print and bring with her to the parks for the daughter's free admission.

Tinkgirl28
03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
oh ok thanks for getting back to me on that i was kinda confused because if we start booking soon i didnt know what to do with that. thanks again!!

Beast_fanatic
03-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Also, she will need to bring proof that it is her daughter's birthday (birth certificate or passport) as they will not just take her word for it.

And, if you are buying a multi-day ticket, it may make more sense to take one of the other options instead of the free admission as the more days that you buy on the pass, but less expensive the additonal days are. The other options are a birthday fastpass that gives the birthday girl and (I believe) 5 others a fastpass for select rides or a gift card equal to the amount of a one day ticket for the birthday person.

DreamFinder2
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
And, if you are buying a multi-day ticket, it may make more sense to take one of the other options instead of the free admission as the more days that you buy on the pass, but less expensive the additonal days are.

I agree with BeastFanatic. I would definitely take the birthday fastpass or the "gift card" option. If you do the math, the free admission is probably only worth about $10 off a multi-day pass. The gift card option could be worth $50-ish. :D

Michigander
03-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Does it have to be right on your birthday? I'm going for my birthday , but my birthday happens the day we leave. so I'm celebrating my birthday there early but the day is so close I wondered if it would still be granted to me?

Beast_fanatic
03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Does it have to be right on your birthday? I'm going for my birthday , but my birthday happens the day we leave. so I'm celebrating my birthday there early but the day is so close I wondered if it would still be granted to me?

Yes, it has to be on your actual birthday. The gift card can be picked up on your birthday, but spent later, so that might be an option for you.

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Yes, it has to be on your actual birthday. The gift card can be picked up on your birthday, but spent later, so that might be an option for you.
There are restrictions on the gift card as well to keep in mind. We're doing that option for our upcoming trip (because we already have a 7-day pass for our son). Even with the mild restrictions it's still a great deal.

Marilyn Michetti
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Don't forget to register online before you leave. They will e-mail you a confirmation, and you still have to have a phote I.D. to prove who you are.:thumbsup: