PDA

View Full Version : We'll be in Hudson,MA this week-end!!!

buzz638
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
We're from the Montréal,QC area and we'll be in the Hudson,MA region this coming week-end for DD soccer showcase called the Scorpion bowl.
Since she'll be with her team all week-end,it gives DW and me a nice oppurtunity too relax between games a visit.:yay:

So if any of you have any suggestions of what to to in the area, please help me with my plans.
We should be in Hudson around noon on friday.

Thank you for your help

Buzz

Stitchahula
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
It would help to know what kind of things you'd want to do. There is a shopping mall right in Marlboro, and plenty of restaurants. If you wanted to drive into Boston there is alot to do there( it's about 30-45 minute drive). There's the Ecotarium in Worcester, botanical gardens in Boylston. It would be easier to help if we had an idea of what your looking for.

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
In downtown Boston, there is Fanueil Hall, USS Constitution (Old Iron Side), A Billion dollar project known as the "Big Dig". You can also walk the Freedom Trail, the route Paul Revere rode. The North End has some great Italian Restaurants. Fenway Park (don't know if they run the tour this time of year). The New Egland Aquarium.

Outside of Beantown Concord, Lexington and Bedford have some revolutionary historic sites. Foxboro has Patriot Place, an upscale shopping and dining area next to Gillete Stadium. This also has the Patriots Hall of Fame.

Hope these help.

Hull-onian
03-09-2009, 06:08 PM
It would help to know what kind of things you'd want to do. There is a shopping mall right in Marlboro, and plenty of restaurants. If you wanted to drive into Boston there is alot to do there( it's about 30-45 minute drive). There's the Ecotarium in Worcester, botanical gardens in Boylston. It would be easier to help if we had an idea of what your looking for.

You have some good suggestions. I will use you for my travel agent. LOL

Hull-onian
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
We're from the Montréal,QC area and we'll be in the Hudson,MA region this coming week-end for DD soccer showcase called the Scorpion bowl.
Since she'll be with her team all week-end,it gives DW and me a nice oppurtunity too relax between games a visit.:yay:

So if any of you have any suggestions of what to to in the area, please help me with my plans.
We should be in Hudson around noon on friday.

Thank you for your help

Buzz

Concord is very nice. It has a downtown area. It is where some of the revolution was. They have the Concord Muesem. There is the Concord Inn for really good dining. That is if you want to make the ride to Concord. It is not too far from Hudson. Then there is KoKo Key I think it is in Fitchburg, not too far from Hudson. You can go swimming there and other kid type activities. Have fun when you get here, Welcome to Massachusetts. We are happy to have you. Write us if you need directions. You probably have a GPS anyways.

Stitchahula
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Oh you can also take a ride up to Salem if you are interested in the witch trial, house of the seven gables things like that.

crazypoohbear
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi,
I live next door to Hudson, In Marlborough.
for cheap eats in Hudson there is
99 Restaurant chain
the Horseshoe pub - great reviews for all different types of beers they serve! Also, good food!
the Piccadilly pub is on route 85 in Marlborough just over the Hudson line - decent food and it was just purchased by a Canadian company!- Saturday night 9pm=12 Karaoke

Solomon pond mall - shopping - restaurants include a TGIFridays and a bertucci's (chain Italian food)
Right up the road from the Solomon pond mall is a best buy, Borders books, DSW shoe store and another Italian chain restaurant the olive garden.
Boston is a quick 40 minute trip up the Mass pike (I90) On the weekend program your GPS for 75 State street - cheap parking right next door to Faneuil hall, get your ticket validated at any store in faneuil hall and parking is about $10.00 for the day!
After Faneuil hall you can walk to the north end (Italian) awesome
the New England Aquarium
You can purchase a trolley pass (get the brown and green, it's the best) you can get on and off all day at lots of historical, interesting places. You can purchase these right in Faneuil hall
famueil hall is lots of shops and eateries. Right outside Faneuil hall are several Irish pubs, this weekend is a good time to go there!!!
You can travel down Route 495 about 1 hour to Plimoth Plantation and see how the first settlers lived (I found it kind of boring myself)
Also, Salem witch museum, house of 7 gables etc in Salem mass (again, I was bored silly as a kid) UP route 128 about 1 and 1/4 hours from Hudson.
In shrews bury (15minutes away) is the Hebert candy mansion, a great place to visit to purchase chocolates.
In Worcester (route 290 about 15-20 minutes away) is the Ecotarium in Worcester
If you like chatkies etc in Shrewsbury (route 20) is the Christmas tree shop, good bargains!
Cape Cod is about 2 hours south (route 495)

Let us know what you are looking for and I'll get even more specific :D

buzz638
03-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Thank you so much everyone for all your suggestions. With so many things to do, it's just to bad that we're staying only for the week-end...
We'll definitely try some of your suggestions

Buzz

crazypoohbear
03-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Just wondering how your trip to Hudson was?
Did you get to do anything or was it all consumed with sports?