PDA

View Full Version : Jenn's Pre-trip Report

BamaJenn
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
After doing our taxes we were surprised with a bigger refund than we anticipated. Said refund is allowing us to still pay off an entire credit card and do Disney. I'm beyond excited.

My son Aaron's 3rd birthday is March 29th. Right now, with the Buy 4, Get 3 promotion, if you stay between now and March 29th you get a $200 gift card. Well, about 2 weeks ago I started playing with the numbers but stupidly didn't book. So today when I signed in to book, I had a REALLY hard time finding rooms at any value or moderate resorts before 3/30 (because everyone is booking to get that promotion). Then all of a sudden I lucked out. I booked our stay at ASMo (All Star Movies), arriving March 29th, checking out April 5th.

The morning of the 29th we'll go in to wake Aaron. We'll say "Happy Birthday!! Guess what? We're going to Disney World!!!" then get him dressed and in the car and head off.

After we check-in and unpack, we're going to head over to a park... probably the Magic Kingdom, and use our first "day" of our 7-day pass.

Then... when we get back to our room that night... Aaron will be walking in to this: http://www.ftdfloristsonline.com/waltdisneyworldflorist/pages/birthdaywishes/display (the big package, not the smaller one). Can you imagine? I get choked up just imagining his reaction.

Then our plan for the next 6 days is to take it easy and do things we've never gotten to do before because we were always so rushed. Figure we got 4 parks and a 7-day pass (without park hopper) so we will be able to really enjoy. We're going to let Aaron wait in line to get autographs from characters and hit shows we've always skipped. We're going to walk slow and take our time. We're going to take in the little things we always walked past and go into every shop to look around. We're going to find Tinkerbell in her dresser and we're going to play around in the Exposition Hall. We're going to do a surrey bike ride and check out the resorts. We're going to maybe rent a boat for an hour or two and drive around Bay Lake. We're going to enjoy every minute and take it all in.

God I better get some more rechargable batteries!!!

faline
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
What a wonderful plan! Enjoy!

PrettyMinnie
03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
So exciting! I hope you enjoy your relaxing birthday trip! :minnie:

TheVBs
03-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Sounds fun! And what a great birthday surprise. :mickey:

Hull-onian
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
That's a great idea. DGD would love it. Me too!! Have a great time.

DizNee143
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
so glad you were able to book a vacation..
i hope you and your family have a great vacation..cant wait to here how it all went! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a great time. Have fun.:mickey: