PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Towers

WOJO5794
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
So any new news concerning the new Contemporary hotel? Are they taking reservations yet? Would you book there or somewhere more established for a summer trip?Wer'e weiging our options and would appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks

lockedoutlogic
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
It's due to open in September....and is a DVC development...

TammiMcMan
03-09-2009, 03:16 PM
So any new news concerning the new Contemporary hotel?As logic pointed out, it's not a hotel, but a DVC unit. You won't find standard rooms here, just the villas (studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom). If you go to the Disney World website, you can see pictures and get more info.

Are they taking reservations yet?Yes, reservations opened up in February.

Would you book there or somewhere more established for a summer trip?From what I've seen online, the earliest reservation you can get there is August 9th or 10th.

ilvdisney
03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I was able to book from August 4th - August 13th with no probelm - all types of rooms are still available!!

disneydeb
03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
A friend of mine is also booked the 4th -the 9th. I think it sounds great!

antnyh
03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
There are standard rooms and you can start booking in August. These aren't just for DVC members.

TammiMcMan
03-10-2009, 03:28 PM
There are standard rooms and you can start booking in August. These aren't just for DVC members.Just so there isn't any confusion, there are no standard rooms (like what you'd see on the hotel side), it's all villas. You can get a studio, which accommodates 4 guests, all the way up to a 3 bedroom grand villa for 12. Reservations opened in February for this resort, but they won't be available for occupancy until early in August.

antnyh
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Don't get wrapped up in technicalities. The studios are basically what a standard room is. One bed and a sleeper sofa. I just don't want someone to get caught up in trying to decide if a studio is right for them or not. If you'd typically book a "standard" room then a "studio" is golden.

:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
The studios are basically what a standard room is. One bed and a sleeper sofa. I just don't want someone to get caught up in trying to decide if a studio is right for them or not. If you'd typically book a "standard" room then a "studio" is golden.It may seem like a technicality, but there are marked differences between the two. Not quite an apples to apples comparison ;). Studios don't have standard 2 queen beds, but as you pointed out, a queen and a sleep sofa. The studio only accommodates 4, while a standard CR rooms holds 5. With the studio, you also have the mini kitchen, complete with table & chairs, fridge, sink, microwave, etc.

I agree that those with 4 or fewer may find that the studio will fit their lifestyle fine and offer some nice amenities they wouldn't typically see in a standard room. Those with 5 people who typically book a standard room at the CR though, couldn't fit in a studio. They'd need to look into a 1 bedroom unit.

lockedoutlogic
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
It may seem like a technicality, but there are marked differences between the two. Not quite an apples to apples comparison ;). Studios don't have standard 2 queen beds, but as you pointed out, a queen and a sleep sofa. The studio only accommodates 4, while a standard CR rooms holds 5. With the studio, you also have the mini kitchen, complete with table & chairs, fridge, sink, microwave, etc.

I agree that those with 4 or fewer may find that the studio will fit their lifestyle fine and offer some nice amenities they wouldn't typically see in a standard room. Those with 5 people who typically book a standard room at the CR though, couldn't fit in a studio. They'd need to look into a 1 bedroom unit.

Tammi is dead on here.....

I would also add....a big "technicality" is that a DVC studio is going to have about a $100 dollars a night increase over an equivalent "standard" room.....as they do at Beach, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge for those paying a cash reservation in a DVC unit.

A 25% increase in price is somewhat of a "technicality"...isn't it?

pox24
03-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I have already booked for September. I don't know if the public can book yet or not.

TammiMcMan
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I have already booked for September. I don't know if the public can book yet or not.Yes, bookings are available for the general public through Disney or their travel agent.