PDA

View Full Version : DL pre-trip report!!!!!!

Kennywife
03-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Ok, here's my first pre-trip report! I'm very excited to go back "home" even if it's for four days! :thumbsup:

I am in the midst of booking our hotel. We will be staying at Hojo Anaheim from June 2-6. We will be flying in through LAX. :plane: I'm also in talks with my editor on what events to see (we'll be going during the food & wine festival)

I'm looking into getting Disney Dollars and have started taking $20 a week out of my account to save it back for the trip! :party2:

Here's my itenerary:

June 2--Tuesday

Get up around 2-3 a.m. and get ready to go.

Dad comes to get me and Kenny around 4 a.m.

Flight to LAX at 6 a.m. with connection to DFW. We land in LAX at 11:05 a.m.

Shuttle, go to hotel. I'm going to ask them if we can leave our bags in the luggage storage if we can't check in early.

Go to DL, have lunch somewhere there.

Attend free events, visit food stands

Dinner: Naples in Downtown DIsney

June 3--Wednesday

Food & Wine events/stalls/park

Goofy's Kitchen brunch around 11 a.m.

DCA/Downtown Disney

down time

Dinner: Gardenwalk

June 4-- Thursday.

Magic Morning!

DL Park/F&W

Carnation Cafe around 10 a.m.

DCA

late lunch, Storytellers Cafe, maybe around 2 p.m.

Head back to hotel

Dinner: House of Blues/Downtown Disney fun nite! :marg:

June 5--Friday

breakfast somewhere, maybe Mimi's

Park/F&W

lunch

Downtime

Dinner: Goofy's Kitchen/fireworks!!!!! :fworks:

June 6--Saturday

flight at 3:50 p.m.-10:47 p.m. to home

Not sure what to do this day.

Sound good so far? I tried to make lots of time for downtime, since hubby and I like to explore the area and just relax.

Anna

LibertyTreeGal
03-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Have a great time!!

LittleSpirit02
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip in store for you! I wish I was getting ready for a trip myself. :D If you're trying to decide on a breakfast place - I highly recommend the Riverbelle Terrace. It has a nice outside patio where you can eat and take in the park. It's a must for me whenever I go to Disneyland. :mickey:

tinkwest
03-16-2009, 12:19 PM
June 5--Friday

breakfast somewhere, maybe Mimi's

Park/F&W

lunch

Downtime

Dinner: Goofy's Kitchen/fireworks!!!!! :fworks:

June 6--Saturday

flight at 3:50 p.m.-10:47 p.m. to home

Not sure what to do this day.

Sound good so far? I tried to make lots of time for downtime, since hubby and I like to explore the area and just relax.

Anna

For the blank spots in the mornings on your last two days may I suggest Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel for breakfast. Elegant and yummy. Breakfast is served 7am -11:30am daily.

Kennywife
03-26-2009, 10:33 PM
We're gonna be staying June 4-9 instead at Paradise Pier. Gonna have to make a new itenerary! I do know we want to eat at Goofy's Kitchen, brunch and dinner, House of blues, Naples, and Steakhouse 55 for breaky.

Anna

Kennywife
04-15-2009, 06:57 PM
slight change to the plans:

My employer called me yesterday and offered me a chance to stay at MGM Grand and cover some events going on around town. :cool: We'll be going June 2 and leaving on the 4th to go to DL!

:D:yay::party2:

Anna

ozmom
04-16-2009, 01:51 PM
slight change to the plans:

My employer called me yesterday and offered me a chance to stay at MGM Grand and cover some events going on around town. :cool: We'll be going June 2 and leaving on the 4th to go to DL!

:D:yay::party2:

Anna

I want your job:thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I want your job:thumbsup:
Like really. How did you or do you get a job like that?

Kennywife
04-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Like really. How did you or do you get a job like that?

I write for various online travel sites. I get discounts to DL/WDW and also use every travel discount I can find. The one thing I don't like about it is that I never know when my plans will change, hence why my siggie changes a lot. :blush:

Update on our pre-trip report:

We are going July 22 (hubby's b-day)-27. Beforehand, we will be staying at The Mirage July 20-22.

Anna

Magic Smiles
04-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Update on our pre-trip report:

We are going July 22 (hubby's b-day)-27. Beforehand, we will be staying at The Mirage July 20-22.

Anna
We are going to Las Vegas 2 - 7 Aug at the Mandalay Bay, then to Los Angeles Universal Hilton 7 - 12 Aug and the finish at the Grand Californian 12 - 19 Aug. Similiar travel idea, just a reverse order.
98 days 22 hours to go before we leave:mickey: