PDA

View Full Version : January 2010 - Weekend events?

tovin
03-09-2009, 01:02 AM
My sis and I are planning a trip to WDW in January 2010 and I'm looking for some advice as far as which days to go.

I'm looking at going January 6-12, knowing in advance that the marathon will most likely be that weekend, the 9th and 10th. This doesn't have anything to do with my question - I just like writing novel length posts. :)

My Question! Will there be parades/fireworks on the weekends? I know with it being the off season that it won't be every night. But will it be at all?

Thanks in advance for any help!

T

Beast_fanatic
03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I would suggest looking at what they did this January (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/historical/historicalhours2009.asp) to get an idea of what you might be able to expect next year. Keep in mind though that schedules are subject to change, so just because something happened this year does not guarantee that it will occur next year particularly with the economy the way it is.

bob6572
03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
We've gone several times in Jan and all the normal events take place. Spectromagic, Fantasmic, Illuminations...etc. Just less people blocking your view.

ThanxForNoticin
03-16-2009, 07:31 PM
The only thing I'm aware of that was 'reduced' during January 2009 was Disney's decision to change Fantasmic from nightly to twice a week. Other than that, we had fireworks, parades, and Illuminations every day.