PDA

View Full Version : Princess Tea Party at GF

junedis
03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Considering the price, is the Princess Tea Party at the GF worth it? My daughter is 8 and loves Sleeping Beauty, but I hear you really don't see much of the princess? I'd love to hear your opinions! Thanks---:mickey:

ljv1975
03-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Good question! I was considering taking DD to this for her b-day, but heard the same about limited interaction with Aurora. Then I thought about doing BBB and the Wonderland Tea Party instead - so I'm interested to see what opinions others have of this party before deciding for sure.

Mickey91
03-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I took my DD then 9 to the Princess Tea. If the only reason for going is to meet Aurora, then I would suggest the meet and greet in toon town fair. If you want the most memorable, enchanting moment you and your daughter can share at Disney World, it is well worth the money.

Upon arrival, Rose Petal - your hostess, storyteller, entertainer- greets each girl with a beautiful smile and tiara. Your daughter is then taken to her preassigned seat with name cards and all, where her Disney girl doll, (the one they sell in the gift shops, NOT an American Girl doll like some believe)dressed in an Aurora gown (the only way you get this dress I believe) is waiting for her. In her napkin will be a "surprise" bracelet. Rose Petal is absolutely delightful! She flits around the room singing and dancing and storytelling. She tells about Princess Aurora and involves the children in her antics. The childs "tea" is apple juice. I do not remember what type of tea moms are served but it is already in the little pot they set on your table. The child gets little heart shaped finger sandwhiches and grapes. The sandwiches are pb&j and ham & cheese. Moms get chicken salad, cucumber and something else plus grapes or cheese. I can't remember exactly. Near the end they cut a beautifully decorated cake. It had a raspberry filling and was very good. After all the playing and storytelling, the children learn a song with hand motions to sing when the princess arrives. Aurora comes in and presents each girl with a real long stem rose and talks to each girl a little longer than at a typical character meal and then has a parade with the girls. Rose Petal also goes around and meets each girl. I have to tell you that of all the characters at Disney World, except for the fab 5, Rose Petal is my absolute favorite. Again, you will not see or meet with Aurora long. So, if she is your only reason to go, I would not suggest this tea. But, if you go just expecting to have a really nice time and meeting Aurora for a few minutes is a bonus, then by all means go for it! My DD still talks about it and gets the excited little girl look whenever she recalls the story. Her joy has been well worth the cost. She will still hug me on the spur of the moment and thank me for taking her. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to recall more details. I will say that DD and I did not really care for the food. I would plan to go to a CS place after. Hopes this helps!:princess:

BluegrassDaisy
03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
IJust a comment about the Aurora doll dress, I bought one for my daughter's Disney Girl doll (it also fits her American Girl dolls) at one of the park gift shops a few years ago. I called Disney Merchandising sometime later and got the Minnie Mouse & Cinderella dresses; not sure if they still have them, but they included several accessories and were very cute.

pokeyw
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I personally did not think it was worth it. My daughter had a good time, but not several hundred dollars worth. The servers were also very rude. Rose Petal was very sweet and a delight which made up for it. Afterwards, there is a photo session. You are then ushered to a gift shop upstairs to receive your dolls name certificate. Both of these took forever and while waiting in line for the certificate the kids will of course want everything else in the store. It just was not the enjoyable morning I expected.