PDA

View Full Version : Universal and Sea World etc.

brad817
03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm sure this topic comes up often in this forum, but I looked back a little and didn't see a full comparison. So I'll ask......

We're going to Disney in June and will be spending most of our time, gulp, off property!

Universal seems first on the list. Can you do Universal Studios and Island of Adventure in the same day? We've never been to either before. Should we do one day at each? And what about their Express Plus option? That looks similar to FastPass at Disney, but you can purchase the Express Plus. Is it worth it to purchase it?

What about Wet n Wild? I assume you can spend a full day there. It looks great online. How does it compare to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach? Wave pool, overall size etc.

Sea World and their waterpark are also on the list. How good are those? I'm leaning toward skipping them for the others listed above.

Anything else worth doing?? Thanks in advance for all the feedback! :mickey:

deedeenmickey
03-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I really like Universal and Islands, and Seaworld it's not Disney but it is fun. I think you need to have one day for Universal and one day for Islands. You can do everything at each park in one day if it's not too crowded. I've not done the water parks before.

sassy2000
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I would say you should visit Universal & IoA on separate days. Universal has alot of movie themed shows but also has the Mummy roller coaster which is great and a new roller coaster opening this spring. IoA has alot more rides there including 2 great roller coasters and 2 water rides. We always spend a whole day in each. Since this is your 1st visit, you will definitely have enough to see each day.
Regarding the Express Plus option... we go at off season so we have not needed it but going in June I think you will appreciate not waiting in 50-60 min wait lines for rides. Unfortunately, it is not free like Disney's FP but if you have the extra $ then get it.
My DH & I love Wet-n-Wild. It has some great water slides but I cannot remember the wave pool.
My DH loves Seaworld. If you like marine life then you will enjoy this place. You can feed and pet dolphins, feed stingrays and sea lions. They also have a water ride comparable to Splash Mountain but more adult oriented. I believe they now have 2 roller coasters there also and a big play area for kids. It is definitely worth the trip if you have never been before.
Hope this helps a little. :mickey:

magic4ever
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
It takes one day for each of these parks if you intend on doing all attractions. We've never used the express plus option....don't know how that is. I would definitely go to SeaWorld if you've never been. Shamu is awesome!! I've never done the water parks. City Walk that connects Universal and IOA is fun for all ages. Lots of different shops and restaurants also very pretty at night.

LVT
06-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Just back from Olando/Tampa. Have you checked the Orlando Flex tickets? We did the
Universal/ IOA, Seaworld and Busch gardens in 4 days. It sounds rough but after the
WDW exercise programs they did not seem bad. Universal has the least shade/benches.