PDA

View Full Version : the ugly

jrkcr
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
the ugly: Unfortunately, "real" life can follow us even into the most magical place on earth.

The parks had a bit of ugly this trip. Main street had up the big green wall, where they were doing construction on the road. And DCA Paradise pier area was a mess. No water at all in the lake,just men at work, and trucks and stuff. And big green walls everywhere blocking the construction zones,and several rides are being changed. It's just not looking very pretty right now. But I am hopeful that in the end it will look fabulous!

And just before the start of the parade, we had to witness a mom fussing (over and over and over) at her daughter,(maybe 12 years old?) shaking her finger in her face-and the poor kid was crying and crying. And just as the kid would stop crying, the mom would start up again. All the moms around her were rolling their eyes, and finally another woman said something to them, just to get the mom to talk to her instead of to her daughter. This kid must have done something really horrible-but she didn't look like the criminal type. I felt like giving her a hug. Poor little girl. My mom said "if she doesn't want her, we'll take her"! hahaha, like 3 DD's isn't enough!! I personally just thought the mom needed a :marg: and a time out. I know I need those every now and then!

I also had a "talk" with one of my DD's on this trip. So I know the frustration kids cause, even when on vacation. But I really believe any problem should be solved discreetly, and as quickly as possibly! Why make it more painful for your kid than it has to be?

pdrlkr
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Rough trip!