PDA

View Full Version : MK Resort Dining

Janet89
03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Here's my question . . . . do you have to pay for parking when eating at the Poly or Contemporary? We will be staying off-site and will have a rental car.

baby minnie's mommy
03-08-2009, 02:07 PM
No, unless you choose to use valet. :mickey:

Janet89
03-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks!

Janet89
03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Another question. Will the Poly allow us to watch wishes from their beach after dinner?

awaggett
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Yep, it shouldn't be a problem. They do not check to make sure you are a resort guest.

Mickey91
03-09-2009, 09:03 AM
You have to stop at the gate. Be sure to have your ressie info and ID in case they ask. No fee. They will give you a pass for your car. Sometimes it is timed, like for 3 hours. You can visit any resort, just tell them you are there to look around and shop.:mickey:

Mendelson
03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Kind of a funny story, which I DO NOT endorse, by the way.

Two good friends of mine - a married couple - were in Orlando at Christmastime....as northerners, neither were really happy about this but they were visiting family for the holidays. They're also not Disneyfiles, and were not happy about a plan to go to WDW on Xmas Eve.

The aunt of my female friend was playing host and she had this grand plan to park on property for free, simply by saying they had ressies for dinner. This was Christmas Eve, and they were planning to have chocolate martinis at the Grand Floridian and watch the fireworks....of course unless you plan ahead and call several weeks out, I'm sure there's no way to get ressies for this and they no ressies.

As they drove to the park my friends were made aware of this plan and were a bit uncomfortable about the concept - they were in the back seat, however (the wife's father was driving the minivan in which they all rode) and couldn't do much to protest. Her dad was not prepared to be asked about ressie info to get in and when asked for the name he said, "Uhh....I think it's...uh, Smith." And when the guard said, "Hmm...no Smith's on here...." he said, "Oh wait - no, I think it's Davis." My friends are in the backseat dealing with mixed emotions - they are very uncomfortable about the entire situation yet also finding it very entertaining/humorous to see her dad try to wiggle out of this.

He threw out a third name and according to my friends by this time the guard was clearly on to them but to his credit remained polite. He suggested they pull off to the side and figure out the reservation information before trying to pull in again.

Anyway, your question reminded me of this, so thought I'd share.

Post-script - At that point they were just sort of driving around the parking lot area and saw a WDW vehicle going through a gate controlled by mechanical arm into a restricted area. My friend's dad pulled up right behind him and followed him in! My friends were even MORE uncomfortable by this but not a single person stopped them or asked them anything. So they parked and had their martinis.