PDA

View Full Version : the good

jrkcr
03-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Holiday Inn Express-our hotel was a good choice. And not just because we got it for free. When we checked in, there were about 6 cars parked in the parking lot, and only 3 other cars parked in the parking garage. So the hotel was quiet and not crowded. We had free breakfast every morning, and they had biscuits and gravy, bacon or sausage, and different types of eggs(changing daily). Plenty of muffins, cold cereals, oatmeal,and bananas, and a never ending supply of their great cinnamon rolls!! The staff was very nice and housekeeping did a really good job. And it was a short walk to the garden walk area-where we had many restaurant choices. I luv California Pizza Kitchen!!

The park crowds were low this week, until Friday(as expected). Most rides were walk-on, or less than 10 minutes- and we waited 15 min for Peter Pan. On Friday, lines were more like 20 minutes for most rides. The Matterhorn re-opened on Friday and that line was long, so we skipped it.

My mom loved Soarin, and we rode it about 6 times this week! And she also loved Billy Hill and the hillbilles, and we saw 3 shows. I grew up going to WDW with my parents, so I was happy that she got to visit DL with us.

We sat and ate Burbank ice cream, and bought a huge Mickey balloon for DD9, and watched the Pixar parade. It was really a nice parade! I am not usually a parade person, but am learning to be.

pdrlkr
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: