PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs??

Yvette
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Right now we have plans to stay our first night in May at Pop Century. While goofing off on the internet I found pictures of CSR which look amazing! :thumbsup:

Should we switch? Few questions:

How are the buses? We'll have a rental and had planned to drive to MK from Pop, but I would much rather take the bus.

How's breakfast? Is take-out available from Pepper Market?

Is it as authentic as it looks? We lived in the San Diego area for almost 10 years and have visited Mexico. When I looked at the pictures, it really reminded of San Diego.

Since this is only for one day we are just talking about a $70 difference. If you were to choose between the two (only adults this trip), which would you choose? :confused:

Thanks guys!

JPL
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Since it's just for 1 night I would just stick with Pop Century and take your $70 and have a nice dinner.

stitchaholic
03-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I am a fan of CSR,the pool and spa area at the dig site are beatiful and seem authentic,you can take out from pepper market or cafe rix wich make awesome,flaky quiche and real coffee.,if you look in trip reports under photo's of our trip,you can see our view of CSR,we switched from pop to there,and were so happy that we did! there are 4 busstops all around the hotel.

grumpydude
03-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Although CSR is cool, the Pepper Market isn't as cool as it looks. Some of the food is good, but save the money.

Crow
03-08-2009, 02:55 PM
CSR is tied for my fav mod, Pop is my fav value. I liked Pepper Mkt & you can get take out. The theming is good also.
If you dont have a problem w the $70 do it, but 1 night might not be enough to appreciate it.
Buses usually not as crowded as Pop.

javamama
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I really liked it, we had a room next to the quiet pool it was great. Buses are a far walk sometimes, food court was fine.

Amy_617
03-08-2009, 10:45 PM
DH and I would prolly spend the extra $70 to stay at CSR. We have stayed at both, and though we like pop...there is nothing like ugrading...even if just for one night (to us)! CSR is a beautiful resort. We requested the Casitas, but got a room in the Rancho's instead. Even though these rooms were further away from the food court, it was so peaceful and quiet. I think Disney did a great job with the themeing of this resort. I don't think you would be disappointed at all! You can get breakfast to go at the Pepper Market or try the breakfast buffet at Maya grill. We loved the buffet. Very good food! Anyways, Have a great time!

buzz2001
03-09-2009, 05:50 AM
How are the buses? We'll have a rental and had planned to drive to MK from Pop, but I would much rather take the bus. The buses are terrific and you are better off using the from CSR to MK or any resort since you can't actually park at MK. CSR has bus stop #1 at MK which is fine.

How's breakfast? Is take-out available from Pepper Market? Yes, take out is available and you can sit at the tables by the lake.

Is it as authentic as it looks? We lived in the San Diego area for almost 10 years and have visited Mexico. When I looked at the pictures, it really reminded of San Diego. Yes, CSR is beautifully landscaped and the grounds and buildings are well maintained. Each village has a distinct theme.

grumpyguy
03-09-2009, 07:36 AM
we're big cs fans,but for one night you're probably not spending a bunch of time at the resort anyway...i'd probably save the cash and stick w/pop.
highly recommend the csr for a longer stay:thumbsup:

MMFreak
03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I would def go with the CSR. I love it there and although we only ever ate breakfast at the Pepper Market we loved it.

kathiep
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
If you're already interested just by looking at pictures, I'd say give it a try. We've done both CSR & Pop and I wouldn't think twice about paying an extra $70 to be at CSR - even for only 1 night.

faline
03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
We've stayed at Coronado several times. It is, in fact, our favorite moderate as it has many of the features of the deluxes. Buses are fine but there are several stops throughout the resort and, depending on where you're going, and which bus stop you used, you might make several stops within the resort before you get to your destination or on your way back to your room.

Yvette
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys for the responses...

I really thought about it and it intrigues me enough that I want to try it. :blush: My daughter and I have only stayed in Deluxes. (I know, lucky me).

But honestly, if it weren't for the 7/4 deal, I wouldn't have paid rack rate this year. It just seems too extravagent. While I love being on the monorail or next to EPCOT, rack rate is now through the roof. We're park people and don't spend that much time at the resort. As a matter of fact we have never even used any of the pools in all of our trips. :secret:

I know my SIL wouldn't be willing to ever spend that much on a room, Disney or not, and this gives both DD and I a chance to check out whether a moderate might work for them in the future.

Again, thanks a bunch!

76 days and counting....:cloud9:

Tigerinvestigator
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
CSR is my DW's favorite resort at WDW! While it ranks as my second favorite moderate behind POFQ, it is nice. I don't love it like she does but the pool area is fantastic, and we really like the pepper market. If money is not that big a deal I think you will find it more relaxing than Pop.:thumbsup:

Yvette
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I called this morning and was able to get a water view room with the Military Disount!!

Only a $12 difference. :thumbsup:

buzz2001
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Have a great trip!

KatMark
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I called this morning and was able to get a water view room with the Military Disount!!

:thumbsup: Hope you get to walk around the resort and enjoy some of it. Perhaps you will fall in love with it as we have and want to spend your next vacation there. It has become our home away from home and with the exception of wanting to stay at the AKL one time, we've no desire to stay anywhere else(DH offered me the Poly this past September as we were celebrating our 25th anniversary...I turned him down and we stayed at CSR--and they upgraded us to a suite).

McGoofy
03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I love CSR! I think you will too. At night, it can be pretty romantic to walk the circle around the lake. The pool is also a really great one.

We have never had trouble with the busses there. CSR is a conference center, so I have noticed that during the day there is often not a lot of people getting on the busses to go to the parks. I am assuming they are in their conference.

Have a good time!:mickey:

grego77
03-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I could write a novel about how amazing CSR is but the main points are:

LOCATION - CSR is the most centrally located resort. Because of this, the bus ride to all the major parks is overall the shortest.
BUSES - Wherever you are at CSR (I reccomend Cabanas), there is a bus stop VERY close by. In addition, when you leave a park, the CSR stop is almost ALWAYS the first one...whereas POP is almost ALWAYS the last one...the farthest walk.
THE CONFRENCE CENTER DEBATE - I really don't understand this. I have stayed at CSR a half-dozen times, and EVERY time I'm there, the conference goers do their own things. They don't take up the space on the busses because they're busy all day! I hardly ever see them! And when they are around, they're delegated to specific areas in the Pepper Market/the Main Building.
SCENERY - CSR looks like paradise...and it is. It's just gorgeous.

Enjoy! :)

Hull-onian
03-12-2009, 09:10 AM

You should try and make a ressie for the Maya Grill, it is very good. I am surprised no body recommended it to you.:eat: