PDA

View Full Version : Post #300 Questions: What is your favorite and least favorite resort and why?

Terk24
03-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I will just begin with, I know there is not a Disney vacation I would not mind being on. These would just be the First and last choices of ours at our favorite vacation spot!:cloud9:

Our favorite is Beach Club! It is in walking distance to two parks and has restaurants connected that you don't have to go outside for. (This is what nudged it over Board Walk) The theme is fun. (I have a feeling that after September Bay Lake Tower, might nudge into the #1 spot...We'll see!) I also like any resort that has a balcony.

Least Favorite: All Stars. Two main reasons. A far distance from all the attractions, except AK, which we do not spend a lot of time at. Also, no ceiling fans. I know minor detail, but I get VERY hot and like the air movement. For the money, not a bad choice, but they would be our least favorite. They are also usually very busy.

Seasonscraps
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Favorite: the boardwalk. I love the pool area and the proximity to Epcot & DHS.

Least Favorite: Caribbean Beach - it was so big and I hated all the hiking back around there.

Mfarquar
03-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Favorite: Grand Floridian

Least Favorite: CBR (the buses were the WORST). But, that was awhile ago, and I'd be willing to give it another shot in the future...

Tigerinvestigator
03-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Favorite: The Polynesian because of the great memories of childhood there. The location is perfect with the monorail. The atmosphere is tropical and feels thousands of miles from civilization.:thumbsup:

Least Favorite: All Star Sports because of long bus lines, long walks, and loud cheerleaders or school groups without chaperones!:mad:

stitchaholic
03-08-2009, 07:45 AM
favorite for now is CSR,but i am sure once i go delux....

least favorite-POP century

Rogerwdwfan
03-08-2009, 08:27 AM
I agree my favorite would be CSR and our least favorite would be the All Stars.:number1:

sassafras
03-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Favorite is Wilderness Lodge....least favorite is CBR, I just couldn't seem to get into it!

Cheloconnell
03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Favorite - AKL - animals and decor.
Least Favorite - any of the All Star's - busy, loud and motel like.

disneydeb
03-08-2009, 09:58 AM
My favorite is Pop Century. I love to save money!

My least favorite is CBR.

sassy2000
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Favorite so far is CSR. LOVED IT!!
Least Favorite was POR. We probably just had a rare bad experience here but I enjoyed POP and AllStars more then POR.

TennesseeTink
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Favorite - AKL - animals and decor.
Least Favorite - any of the All Star's - busy, loud and motel like.

Ditto! My dream vacation is an African safari and AKL is probably the closest I'll ever get. At least for a while. Watching the animals from my balcony brings me peace.:cloud9:

The All-Stars are just too loud and busy. The food courts have a decent selection but are an absolute madhouse. Zero peace.:mad:

GrmGrninGost
03-08-2009, 10:57 AM
My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge. The first time I stepped into the lobby it was like stepping into a dream. I love everything about it. The only way they could improve it would be to include it in the monorail system.

My least favorite (and I still like it a lot) would be the All-Star Sports. It's just not Disney enough. Also, I found the food court a bit "lacking".Still, for the money, it's a decent place to stay!

Luv Eeyore
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
So many to love - but if I have to pick just one it would be the Beach Club. Can't beat the location, love the theming and Stormalong Bay is the best pool in the World.

As for my least favorite, I would have to say POFQ. I thought the theme was better at POR and the last time we stayed at POFQ the room was very dark and the bed unsleepable.

grumpydude
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Favorite: CBR --the atmosphere, tropical

least: POFQ, too many oak trees

SBETigg
03-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Favorite: Grand Floridian. Sentimental choice, I honeymooned here. But I also love the location, so close to the MK I almost always feel a part of it.

Least: I really couldn't choose one. Any of the values. I'm not a value kind of girl.

Yvette
03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Favorite: Close tie between Poly and Beach Club.
They are both great for different reasons: Poly is so well themed (I'm a sucker for theming) and you have the monorail. :tikki:
Beach Club's proximity to EPCOT is a major draw for me, nothing beats walking "home" from Illuminations! :thumbsup:

Least Favorite: All Stars. Honestly I have never stayed at any of them, but when I have driven past they hold no appeal for me. At least Pop has a cool lobby!

AndrewJackson
03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Favorite - Fort Wilderness I grew up at Fort Wilderness. It has more options than any other resort; campfire and movie, Electrical Water Pageant, boat ride to MK, petting zoo, etc. etc. The kids got too busy, so we had to sell the camper.

Least Favorite - Coronado Springs I just don't get the food court at this resort. It was like a hybrid counter service/waiter service restaurant, and it was expensive. It has been a while since I have been there, so maybe it has changed.

DawsonAR
03-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Favorite: Poly--too many reasons to name.

Least Favorite: CBR--not that we don't like it, but it is the our least favorite that we have tried.

crazygoalie39
03-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Favorite: Contemporary. Can't beat getting to see the MK from your balcony every night.

Least: CBR. I would much rather stay at a value. Same if not worse quality for a higher price.

Crow
03-09-2009, 02:13 AM
how can i just one?
deluxe fav WL theming is great, least BC just didnt like the roof view
mod- favs CSR or POFQ for theming and amenities, least fav POR
value-Fav POP for theme & location
least Fav Allstars for location

lockedoutlogic
03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I'll complicate a simple question:

Favorite Theming/ Design/Atmosphere:
Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge

Favorite Location:
Beach Club

Favorite for sense of Good Value:
Pop and Wilderness Lodge/ Animal Kingdom Lodge

Favorite overall services/ amenities:
Boardwalk, Yacht, Beach Club area

Least Favorite location/ design/ layout:
Caribbean

Worst Value:
All Moderates, Contemporary, and Polynesian

Least "Disney Feel":
Saratoga, Caribbean Beach

Worst Amenities:
Saratoga and Port Orleans (due to the ever shrinking sitdowm restaurant options)

Worst Overall:
Drumroll......All Star Music, SARATOGA, Caribbean

lightyearfan
03-09-2009, 12:28 PM
favorite with a doubt all star music, i don't know why this place gets so much flack, but as you can by our signiture, me and dw have had no problems and or issues with staying here. we rent a car so there are no issues with lines and or buses.

least favorite really don't have one, but when we goto eat breakfest at the GF + AKL, i don't like the fact the some of the guest think that they're better than everyone else just because they're staying at top class resort.

VIctor

Belster
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Fav-Poly-We love the Poly because of the ambiance. It is so beautiful, relaxing and you really feel as though you are getting two vacations in one....a beach vacation and of course Disney!!!!

Least Fav.- Again I too love being at Disney and would not ever pass it up but I did not care for The Grand Floridian. I felt that it was not my idea of a kid-friendly vacation. I will not chose to stay there again. I just did not get that Disney feel there.

buzz2001
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Favorite = CSR!

Least favorite = CBR!

JoDisney
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Favorite: Beach Club

Least Favorite: Coronado Springs

AdventurerKim
03-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Favorite: Polynesian

Least Favorite: Coronado Springs

Hull-onian
03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
This would have made a great poll question. My least favorite is Caribbean Beach Resort. Next least favorite is POP Century. I love POFQ, which is my favorite. Second favorite, you won't believe it is All Star Sports.

MistressGracey999
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I LOVE POP CENTURY! We keep wanting to try other resorts, but we're afraid we'll pay double the bucks, and love it half as much! We'll branch out one day!

We have visited almost every resort, to eat a meal or what have you, and if we can ever break away from Pop, we'll definitely stay at Wilderness Lodge. The overall feel of the place is indescribable!

DH and I didn't care for the feel of the Contemporary, though. Love Chef Mickey's, though.

But to be honest, I'd stay at the worst onsite location WDW has to offer over the best off site location in Kissimmee/Orlando. Staying offsite was the pits for us.

Mickey91
03-10-2009, 09:00 AM
So far all of the MK resorts tie for my favorite, I like each one or different reasons and really can't decide which I like the best.

All Star Sports is my least favorite. The food court just isn't all that.

Mickey'sGirl
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Favourite is the Boardwalk -- location, location, location. Lots of fun on the Boardwalk at night. Terrific pools.

Least favourite -- Wilderness Lodge. Too Dark, pool too crowded, didn't like the food options.

BamaJenn
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Wow I don't know if I have an answer for the least favorite... I guess if I have to base it off where I've stayed in the past and pick one I'd go with these:

Favorite: Wilderness Lodge Villas. We stayed here after my mother gave us the trip as a gift using her DVC points and we just loved it. Loved everything about it. But... in the real world... our favorite is ASMo. It's the resort we stay at most frequently because my son simply loves the theming. Sure it's a value resort and it's nothing special but how much time to you really spend at your resort anyway right?

Least Favorite: I think I'd have to go with Caribbean Beach. I liked it but it just didn't give me that "Disney" smushy good feeling when I was on property. The rooms sort of reminded me of the rooms you can get at one of the off-property "islandy" themed resorts. Nothing wowing.

tinkerbelle75
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Wow, this just goes to show why there are so many different choices at WDW! People have such different tastes.
My Favorites are CBR ( gasp) and Yacht Club. I LOVE the feel of CBR and the theme. The Yacht Club doesn't necessarily feel like a themed-out "Disneyfied" resort, but the location can't be beat!
My least favorites were GF and POP. I even liked ASMo over POP. GF is terribly stuffy and, in CBR's defense, there's a ton of walking here, too!:mickey:

jonahbear2006
03-12-2009, 02:46 AM
Favorite of all time will always be the Beach Club. We just fit here. We have visited most of the resorts and none of them fit us like this one does.

Least Favorite; anything all stars. we are just not the people to be happy with that type of resort. the kids love the whimiscal but husband and I require more personal attention to really feel like our vacation has removed us from reality for awhile.

4ubie1
03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Well i have technically only stayed at two different resorts so:

Favorite: It would have to be POLY. It is more a sentimental favorite and the last time I stayed it was blissfully quiet and calm.:cloud9:

Least Favorite: Technically, I don't have one. I enjoyed my stay at both the POLY and POR. They both were quiet and relaxed which is just what you need after a long day in the parks. BUT if I had to choice, I would say any Value resort. Not to be snobby, but I just prefer a quieter setting and have heard they tend to be the complete opposite. :unsure:

TikiLounger
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Hmmm...

Most Favorite:
The Polynesian...I love the atmosphere
(the Beach Club is a close second)
Least Favorite:
CBR

mrsgaribaldi
03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
My least favorite is any of the All Stars- we had some bad experiences at them (none at Pop)
My favorite is the Polynesian.:lei: I just love the grounds and the room. The cast members were so nice. :papple: I love being on the monorail and walking over to the ticket area was very convenient too

dream6
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Favorite - Yacht Club

Least Favorite - POFQ - not because I didn't like the hotel, I loved it. But the bus system was horrible this past week I was there. Maybe we just had an off week with their bus system, but I wouldn't stay there again without renting a car.

KatMark
03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
We've only stayed at four...so I'll do my favorite and least from that and then mention the ones we would never stay at.

Favorite -- Coronado Springs Resort

Least Favorite -- All Star Sports

Ones we will never stay at:

Values -- too noisy and crowded for us
Moderates -- Caribbean -- just don't care for the whole theme
Values -- Wilderness Lodge -- too many of those types of buildings in neighboring Wisconsin Dells; Grand Floridian -- too stuffy

brownie
03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Our favorite is probably the Beach Club, due to its location and because we honeymooned there. If we weren't on a budget, we'd probably stay there every trip.

We haven't stayed at most of the resorts, but so far I'd say the Wilderness Lodge is my least favorite. It was an okay, but not great, experience.

lightyearfan
03-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Ones we will never stay at:
Values -- too noisy and crowded for us

well all i can say is that me and dw have stayed at the all stars since 06(look at signiture) and not once have we had a problem with noise and the crowds, the crowds were there but not any less than when we stayed at the Dixie Landings now POFQ, we've never had any noise issues either, now we do stay away from all star sports because of the many sports groups and cheerleaders that are there.

Victor

KatMark
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
well all i can say is that me and dw have stayed at the all stars since 06(look at signiture) and not once have we had a problem with noise and the crowds, the crowds were there but not any less than when we stayed at the Dixie Landings now POFQ, we've never had any noise issues either, now we do stay away from all star sports because of the many sports groups and cheerleaders that are there.

Victor

As I indicated, our least favorite was the All-Star Sports--which we stayed at for three days in 2000. It was VERY noisy and crowded and I couldn't stand it...I felt like people were on top of each other all of the time. We much prefer the spaced out moderates because we have never found it noisy or crowded.

Lightning McQueen
03-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Dixie landings, Yacht Club and Swan.

Favorite: Polynesian by a mile.

Least Favorite: None.

G
03-22-2009, 05:48 PM
My favorite is the Polynesian. Have loved it since my honeymoon and will always love it. The atmosphere is so wonderful.

Least favorite is All Stars Sports. I am not into sports at all. I don't dislike it it is just the one I like the least.

epceddie
03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
My wife and I love Old Key West. It's quiet, the views are all pretty good and we like Olivia's. We also like Saratoga, where we spent our honeymoon in a great 1BR with a great water view of Downtown Disney.

Spent a night one trip at CBR and wasn't mpressed at all. The room was very ordinary and we had a lot of trouble finding it for some reason.

kemps@wdw
03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
We've only stayed @ the moderate or deluxe so I can't opine on the values. Our fave...WL of course! When we walk up to the front doors, they slowly slide open to welcome us in w/a soft breeze, the smell of pine woods, and the soothing music of the "big country". Not to mention the hot springs, the trickling brook, the beautiful waterfall cascading into the swimming hole just behind the spouting geyser overlooking the beautiful Bay Lake! :thumbsup:
Our least fave...CBR. It took them soooo long to check us in, the kids fell asleep on the benches! And don't even get me started on how much "bus" time we had!:mad:

chrisNC
03-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Favorite: Grand Floridian, but that might change after I stay in BLT. If that ever happens.:mickey:

Least favorite: Coronado Springs. I don't like the theming or the decor at all. It's spread out and difficult to get around in. It looks better at night, but during the day the colors just don't work.