PDA

View Full Version : cookie sandwiches~

EeyoresBestFriend
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Has anyone seen the Nestle cookie Ice cream sandwiches at the Parks at all? We love them but couldn't find any last spring when we were down. :( Are they coming back??:confused:

PhilHarHarMagic
03-07-2009, 10:01 PM
It's been almost a year since we were down there and they didn't have them then. I'm guessing you won't see them when you go back.

I tried to tell my DD that we could get them at the store when we got home - I got the "it's just not the same" reply.

Mfarquar
03-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Go to the ice cream parlor on Main Street and ask them to grab a couple of cookies from the bakery next door (they have a connecting door). The cookie ice cream sandwiches they've made for me are FABULOUS! :cloud9:

ILoveLegos
03-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Go to the ice cream parlor on Main Street and ask them to grab a couple of cookies from the bakery next door (they have a connecting door). The cookie ice cream sandwiches they've made for me are FABULOUS! :cloud9:

Yes, my sentiments exactly - these are the best, especially since the "smell of fresh baked cookies" just draws you inside!

Just a warning though, warm cookies & a hot Florida day leads to messy chocolate-y hands, ice-cream on your shirt and a big smile in your tummy! :number1:

EeyoresBestFriend
03-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks!
That is so cool ~ I didn't know they would do that.
We'll definitely be trying it out.

dumbo ears
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I can't remember if they still sell them or not. but Im definetely gonna stop by again at the main street bakery and pick one up

LudwigVonDrake
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Don't they have Nestle cookie ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square?

Maleficent's Dad
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
There are only two places left to get cookie sandwiches any more in WDW - and both are in the MK, and both make them fresh to order.

The first location is the Main St Bake Shop - you can choose the ice cream flavor here, and they make quite the delectable treat. These are rather huge, so you may want to share with someone else! ;)

The second is in Liberty Square:

Don't they have Nestle cookie ice cream sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square?
Yes! Exactly! A small window where you can order the treat - but alas, they don't have all the flavors of the Main St Bake Shop, so you may be limited to vanilla! Oh the hardship!!! :drama: :tasty:

garthbarth1
03-08-2009, 08:15 PM
:mickey:We go to the Main Street Bakery and have one made for us several times a trip. They are just heavenly!!:cloud9: We always get Vanilla ice cream yum!! Does anyone know if you can still use a DDP snack credit for this? Last year we paid OOP for meals, this year we are doing the QS plan. thanks:mickey:

goofy78
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
One of my favorite treats! I really enjoy getting one from the main street bakery. :number1:

Mendelson
03-09-2009, 01:23 PM
You CAN use a DDP snack credit for one...isn't that awesome? :thumbsup: When she told me at the counter I said, "That sure beats a bottle of water!"

However I have to disagree on the ability to pick your flavor of ice cream. At least when we were there a month ago I was told you could only get vanilla. A little bummed (why have anything not chocolate if you can make it chocolate, right?) but I still managed to eat it all. :D

Maleficent's Dad
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
However I have to disagree on the ability to pick your flavor of ice cream. At least when we were there a month ago I was told you could only get vanilla. A little bummed (why have anything not chocolate if you can make it chocolate, right?) but I still managed to eat it all. :D
We could pick our flavors two weeks ago! :thumbsup:

Mendelson
03-10-2009, 09:07 AM
We could pick our flavors two weeks ago! :thumbsup:

What??? That's weird...I even asked if they had chocolate and she said, "no, just vanilla." Maybe they were just out of it.

Like I said, the vanilla really didn't prevent me from eating it all....

Beast_fanatic
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM
There are only two places left to get cookie sandwiches any more in WDW - and both are in the MK, and both make them fresh to order.

Actually, you can also get them at the Fountainview Cafe in Epcot, and at Dino Bites in Animal Kingdom. They also take fresh baked cookies (you get to choose the cookie type(s)) and put ice cream between them (not sure if you could pick the flavor or not, I don't remember). Here's the one from Dino Bites (http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2709070680027495723vIXeFL).

Maleficent's Dad
03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Actually, you can also get them at the Fountainview Cafe in Epcot, and at Dino Bites in Animal Kingdom. They also take fresh baked cookies (you get to choose the cookie type(s)) and put ice cream between them (not sure if you could pick the flavor or not, I don't remember). Here's the one from Dino Bites (http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2709070680027495723vIXeFL).
Thanks, Rhonda! :thumbsup:

Oh the stuff you learn here on Intercot! :rocks: