PDA

View Full Version : Serious Packing Underway!!!

queen bee
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
We leave winter on Thursday for a 9 day visit to AKL. The suitcases are thrown all over the place as we gather what we need for our get away. The kids are excited in a manner that only a Disney vacation is able to generate. And yet, there is a certain amount of apprehension in me this time and concern for the way things seem to be unfolding in the economic real world we live in.

As fortunate as we are to have this opportunity, the news for many this year has been very depressing. People are suffering with job losses, shrinking savings and vanishing opportunity. It seems that the worst is still ahead of us. My thoughts are with those people suffering and my prayer is that our leaders are able to make the choices necessary to pull us quickly out of this mess.

Sorry for "raining" on this thread, but I had to vent a bit. I've read notes from families not able to plan their next trip to DW and that's depressing. I'll be alright by tomorrow, I trust.:(

Hope there is still plenty of magic left in the "land of dreams".:cloud9:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2009, 07:49 PM
We have a trip planned in May, and we know that there will be plenty of magic in Disney!

Things are rough right now, there is no getting around that, but they WILL get better, we WILL all get through this.

Enjoy your trip, you can't solve all of the world's problems, so don't let it ruin your trip, just enjoy your time with family.

deedeenmickey
03-07-2009, 08:43 PM
I hope you have a magical trip!!! :mickey:

dtootsie42
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I think you are going to have a fantastic trip. Enjoy being with your family and sharing the wonderful magic!!!

At first I was feeling guilty that we are planning this trip in December. Then I decide no we deserve to go because 2008 was a really hard year for us and living in fear is just not healthy. I lost my job in April of 2008 working for the airlines but have a part time job that is doing ok. My husband lost his job in June but got something new in August. He works for a large company that has called for lots of lay offs and he goes to work every day thinking I may lose this job but he keeps plugging away.

We decided we cannot solve all the problems going on out there but we can enjoy one more trip. After this trip we won't be going for a long time because all three of our girls will be college students. All three have worked hard to save money and hopefully they will be getting a little bit of Aid to help. Their education will come before the magic which is ok with us.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

vizsla
03-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

Rogerwdwfan
03-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Have a great time, we will be there in April Yea. :joy:

Luv Eeyore
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Have a magical time - We're going in a few weeks, can't wait to get there.

Maybe try to look at your trip this way, you are doing your part to help out. Your trip, along with everyone else who is fortunate enough to be able to go, is helping to keep jobs for others.

pdrlkr
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink: