PDA

View Full Version : Road to Avonlea

Tinkerbella
03-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Does anybody remember this show? I loved this show when I was growing up! I have them on DVD now and still enjoy watching them repeatedly.

I love Kevin Sullivan's Avonlea works...except for the 2 most recent additions to the AoGG series.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
We're big fans of the whole Anne series! Last summer we visited Westfield Heritage Village, where they filmed part of the Anne movies, and the Road to Avonlea series, it was so cool!

queen bee
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
We live just a short distance from the AoGG homestead here on PEI. The author of this series was a PEI girl (Lucy Maud Montgomery) and there are numerous rememberances of her on the island. Hope you all get a chance to visit.

:blush:

Yvette
03-08-2009, 01:41 PM
That was a great show! Even today when my DD is having a rough week (she's 25 and a newleywed), she'll pop in one of the videos. :cloud9:

Disney Doll
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the reminder! I haven't thought about that show in ages, but I loved it as a kid. Maybe I will have to see if I can find it on Netflix. DH should love that. ;)

TinkerbellT421
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
WOW! I used to love the road to avonlea! I used to have all the books to when I was a kid! I think I still have them! I will have to keep my eyes open to see if I can find the dvds anywhere! Awww what memories that brought back.

AdventurerKim
03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
The Road to Avonlea is on Netflix, two seasons I think because I've already watched the first one. I love AoGG--the Kevin Sullivan films and the books. I'm not sure I cared so much for the last AoGG film where she and Gil are in WWI. I like the first movie and the sequel better.