PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Party?

Tinkerbella
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Hello All!

I'm recently engaged and trying to get a jump start on the whole planning process (nightmarish as it is!). I was wondering whether or not Disneyland would be an ideal place for a bachelorette party?

I know what comes to mind when you think of bachelor/bachelorette parties but let me assure you that I really don't fancy that kind of trouble:blush: Granted I'd love a certain level of frivolity and I believe Disney can offer that!

I was thinking downtown disney would be good for the night activities to since they serve alchohol. :marg: :thumbsup:

Do any of you have any tips, advice, stories to share? Thanks!

Meagan

tadshome
03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I have never been to Disneyland CA so I cannot answer your question, I am sure that a very helpful Intercotee will be along shortly to help you... I just wanted to congratulate you on your engagement :cloud9:

Magic Smiles
03-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Just can't imagine a bachelorette party in Disney :D

tinkwest
03-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Did you really want to spend the day in the parks or did you just want to find one party spot within the Resort and meet with your girlfriends there? Did you want interaction from outsiders or privacy?

I have seen what I assumed to be a bachelorette party being held at Steakhouse 55. It was definitely more refined and private than a spot such as House of Blues (which might seem more "fun") but the girls seemed to be having a great time.

Kennywife
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I would totally do that if I was getting married again. :number1:

What I would suggest is to have the party at like, House of Blues. Also, I think some of the hotels on-site have spas. I don't know if you are staying on-site, but you might see if you can book a spa day. :cloud9:

Congrats!

Anna

Tinkerbella
03-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the wishes guys!

I definitely don't mind my party being public. Again, we're not real big party animals who need to booze it up to have fun. I was kind of thinking maybe spending the day at the parks, maybe having lunch at the Blue Bayou (Club 33 maybe..if possible?) and then a night at Downtown Disney for some drinks (again nothing too excessive).

Thanks for all the tips guys! This is definitely what I'm looking for. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
03-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Club 33 is a private club for members only ... so unless you know a member, it's pretty much impossible to even see the inside.

I was just at the resort this past weekend I and I enjoyed the Fantasmic! dessert priority seating and there was a bachalorette party in our group ... she was wearing bridal Mickey Ears and everyone cheered for them. That might be a fun evening, and then you can try and get reservations at House of Blues (depending on the event going on, or if you can get seating in the bar area) for after Fantasmic!.

LibertyTreeGal
03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I would SO do that -- from what you describe about yourself and your friends it would be a great place.

I would find some way to incorporate the princesses into it (by having them sign your guestbook and having all the girls in pics with them) and have special shirts made for the ocassion -- what a hoot!

Tinkerbellaella
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey Tinkerbella...I tried to get that screen name and it was taken. So, I am Tinkerbellaella and you live just a stone throw away from me!!

I would definitely do my party at Disneyland. What a way to bring your good friends together just hang out and have fun. Become kids again. Like all of the suggestions already made, there are plenty of nice restaurants and classy lounges after you day in the park. I do like the spa idea.

Tinkerbella
03-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks everybody for the great suggestions! I love the Fantasmic suggestion :mickey: Thank God for bridesmaids who get to plan the shindig. I took a survey and they're all excited about it too!

Hey Tinkerbellaella! Sorry about the name, lol! We do live very closely. My aunt, best friend and father live in Citrus Heights so I'm always hanging around your stomping grounds. It's great to see a fellow disney lover from our area on here! :thumbsup:

Aisling
03-15-2009, 07:31 AM
I love the idea of a bachelorette party at Disneyland! Why not? If you and all your girls are up for it, then you'll have a blast.

I completely recommend the Fantasmic! special seating, and I love the idea of the Mickey Ears and special t-shirts. What a great way to celebrate your upcoming wedding. If your husband to-be is also a Disney fan, get him the groom Mickey Ears and then sometime after the wedding, go back just the two of you. Since you're so close, again, why not!?!?

I know they were going to close Libby Lu, but if they haven't yet, you and your bridal party should go there and get dolled up. It is so much fun and you'll be very glitterful all day long. My sister and I did this (we're both in our 40's) and it was great. We laughed all day at how pretty we were.

I'm sure there is something the parks do for bridal parties, have one of your bridesmaids call and find out. They have services for EVERYTHING, see what you can get special for your fun party.

Have fun and relax! It will all be great.

tinkwest
03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
. . .I know they were going to close Libby Lu, but if they haven't yet, you and your bridal party should go there and get dolled up. . . .

FYI, it is closed.

Aisling
03-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Bummer! What is going in that space?

NotaGeek
03-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Bummer! What is going in that space?
Nothing has been announced yet. I was there last week and they were painting and building but no "coming soon" sign.