PDA

View Full Version : Honeymooners' Holiday - Pre-trip Report!

yourmagicalguide
03-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Honeymooners’ Holiday – Pre-Trip Report!

Cast Members:

DH – 23, only been to WDW once before in 1999 with several family members (including young cousins who couldn’t get enough of “It’s A Small World” and older relatives who would quickly get tired from all the walking).
Me – 25, been to WDW multiple times but looking forward to my first trip without parents and siblings calling the shots. Nicknamed “The Disney Expert” by family :thumbsup:

Back Story:

DH and I were married in June 2008 and had a wonderful honeymoon in Jamaica, but we were hoping to visit WDW together in October 2008 as a “Part 2” of our honeymoon. With our work schedules and DH’s college courses, the trip wasn’t possible then. Thankfully, with Disney’s “Buy 4, get 3 Free” deal, we’re taking our much anticipated WDW trip just in time to call it “Part 2 of our Honeymoon” and an early “1-Year Anniversary Celebration” :party:

Schedule:

Saturday, March 7 (TOMORROW! :D):
We’re departing Indianapolis at 10:40 a.m. on US Airways to connect in Charlotte. We expect to be in Orlando just after 4 p.m. To save a little money on this trip, we decided not to rent a car and to be fully dependent on Disney transportation. I’ve never used the Magical Express service before, because my family always rented a vehicle during our stays, but DH read several good reviews about the ME and thinks it will be fine, so we’re trying it out. I’ll have a full report on that once we return. We’ll be checking in at CBR with the hopes of either upgrading to a Pirate-themed room or having a room with a king-sized bed in a quiet area of the resort. Depending on when we get to the resort and how we’re feeling, we’ll either stay and check-out CBR, or travel to one of the parks to enjoy evening festivities.

Sunday, March 8:
A full day is planned at Animal Kingdom. We have ADR for Yak & Yeti that we’re REALLY looking forward to (especially the desserts everyone keeps raving about!). Plans for the evening are still up in the air, but we’ll have plenty of time to get somewhere.

Monday, March 9:
Disney Hollywood Studios is next on our list. ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In is in-store for lunch, and we’ll see if we can entertain ourselves long enough to catch Fantasmic! that evening.

Tuesday, March 10:
Magic Kingdom day with ADR for Crystal Palace for lunch.

Wednesday, March 11:Last, but not least, an entire day devoted to Epcot! No ADR, but we plan on “Snacking Around the World” instead.

Thursday, March 12:
Back to Epcot day for anything we missed or want to see/ride again. Probably will check-out the Boardwalk and maybe get in a round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens.

Friday, March 13:
A morning trip to Downtown Disney then off to MK for final farewells and shopping.

Saturday, March 14:
Departing from CBR mid-morning to the Orlando airport :(

I’m taking a notebook to journal our days’ happenings, which I’ll then type and post once we return. The weather forecast looks great (only calling for scattered thunderstorms on Thursday), we’re beyond excited, and we can’t wait to see what’s in-store for us during this magical part 2 of our honeymoon :mickey:

Insanity Clause
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
What a wonderful plan you have for part two of your honeymoon! I can't wait to see how everything went when you get back.

Have fun!

faline
03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Terrific plans! You've probably already arrived in Florida so I hope you're already having a wonderful time! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Hope you're having a great time.:mickey:

TheVBs
03-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Sounds wonderful! Hope you're having fun. :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
03-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Sounds great, we spent our honeymoon there (DW's first ever trip) and we have been back every year since and that was fourteen years ago this May!:thumbsup:

princessgirls
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Enjoy your trip! It sounds wonderful and I will look forward to your reports.

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Enjoy your trip.

yjgirl32
03-16-2009, 09:25 AM
I hope your trip is very magical. Thanks for sharing.