PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Novelty sewing buttons

julyjewel
03-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Can anyone suggestion a website to find novelty sewing buttons? I am looking for penguins, blue, white and orange letters. Anything school themed. We are amking our principal a school theme tie from our new fourth grade class for next year.

Stitchahula
03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
go to something like Jo-An fabrics or some store like that. They would probably have something like that. Or maybe you could call and save yourself a trip. If they don't carry them maybe they could point you to where you could get them.

coloradowendyl
03-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Joann's, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby all carry themed buttons. Often they are not in the sewing section, but are in the crafts area.

At Michael's you will find them near the beads section usually and Hobby Lobby tends to stick them in the scrapbooking section. Joanns usually has them with buttons. There is a company that does tons of themed buttons...they come in small bags of about 24, I believe they are called Dress It Up.

You could also try a few online places like Creative Express, etc.

Wendy

murphy1
03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I second what Wendy said, also a few of the heirloom sewing shops I use like Farmhouse Fabrics or Peanut Butter and Jelly kids might have them, but I would check your local shops first, sounds like fun for the kids!

pixiesmimi
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I buy my novelty buttons from eBay. Go in the search box and either put in what you are looking for or just buttons or novelty buttons. I have bought a lot of Mickey buttons from there and other types of buttons for both sewing and to use in jewelry.

Here we go again...
03-13-2009, 03:38 AM
I buy my novelty buttons from eBay. Go in the search box and either put in what you are looking for or just buttons or novelty buttons. I have bought a lot of Mickey buttons from there and other types of buttons for both sewing and to use in jewelry.

Ebay is a great suggestion. If you don't see what you want today come back tomorrow and it will probably be there.
I sold thousands of buttons on Ebay and just sold my last few lots. The first groups I sold were all novelty... I had dogs, cats, birds of all kinds, you name it. You might have to buy in assortments, but the price should be worth it. I sold mine for 9.99 for over 100 packs.