PDA

View Full Version : indoor counter service

dopeydawnie
03-06-2009, 06:53 AM
We have a trip coming up in late August and we are on the ddp. I was trying to find counter service meals at each park that have indoor seating so that we can get a break from the heat. Thanks !

kakn7294
03-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I'll probably forget a few but here goes:

MK - Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station (if it's ever open), Casey's (very limited), Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio's, El Pirata y el Perico (when open shares with Pecos Bill's)

Epcot - Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Liberty Inn, perhaps Lotus Blossom Cafe and / or Tangierine Cafe (not sure)

AK - Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus

DHS - ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, Toy Story Pizza Planet

Dragongirlx
03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
In Epcot Yakitori house has limited indoor seating

Mfarquar
03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
My favorite indoor seating counter service is definitely Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT. The food is always fresh and there's a lot of variety (and a nice change from burgers and hot dogs!).

Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's are also great choices in MK for indoor dining. If you time it right, you can come out of Pecos Bill's in time to get a good spot for the parades.

It's tougher at MGM, as I'm not a big fan of Pizza Planet or the ABC Commissary, but we tend to go with ABC when we need a break from the heat.

Same at AK - Tusker House used to be the perfect counter service, but now it's a buffet (sit down). Now we're stuck with Pizzafari (not a Restaurantosaurus fan). Flame Tree BBQ outdoor seating tends to be very shady, but in the million degree heat it can be a little much.

MistressGracey999
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Everything seems to have been covered already, but I wanted to add that on our hot weather trips, we have enjoyed dining upstairs at the Columbia Harbor House in MK. It's dark, quiet, overlooked, and the AC is CRANKING. It actually felt good to go back out into the warmth after eating here, but we were totally refreshed! :fan:

afowl1017
03-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Everything has been pretty much covered but here is were we like to eat at the parks:

MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: First Choice is Seasons....if too crowded we will eat at the Electric Umbrella.
AK: Pizzafarri (gets really busy though)
DHS: ABC Commissary
DtD: Earl of Sandwich

The food at the resorts' CS is really good too! For some reason the Cheeseburgers are oh so tasty to me! :tasty: