PDA

View Full Version : Which place best reflects its country?

Crow
03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
which of the places do you think most accurately reflects the countries that its from?
mostly the World Showcase places Im talking, but also Boma/Jiko
I think things might have been toned down so as not to be too spicy etc but what are your thoughts.

Mousemates
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I know this might not be what your looking for....but the American part is probably the most accurate representation...even with WDW 's kind of pc version of history.

lockedoutlogic
03-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I actually think that the France pavilion does a fairly good job of recreating cuisine in Paris....

they have a million Patisserries and a million cafes that all serve basically the same food....and chefs, bisto, and boulangerie does a fairly good job at giving a decent depection of that....

outside of paris.....it's a little more of a stretch

karenrarintogo
03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I have never been to Japan, but it seemed to me like Toyko dining was the real deal.:cloud9:

Crow
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Ive never been to the other countries either.
seems like Japan does a good job. Ill have to go to Japan to check it out
and I guess i would agree that the American Pavilion represents. i dont go there though

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
03-05-2009, 11:13 PM
:thumbsup: We are from Canada, love
Le Cellier, and I guess we would say the menu is kind of representative of Canadian food, beef and salmon especially. I have yet to find the wonderful cheese soup anywhere in Canada though - have to visit Disney Canada for that. Our family loves Boma - but we have not visited Africa so don't really know if it is true to African food or not.

DisneyGlutton
03-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Tutto Italia is a surprisingly good representation of authentic Italian food (I'm especially thinking of the Affettati Misti here). On a side note, its much better than Il Mulino imho. Rose and Crown is also a good representation of British food (I'm thinking of the cider here, lol) though I wish they had pasties.

jcvalenti
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Tutto Italia is a surprisingly good representation of authentic Italian food (I'm especially thinking of the Affettati Misti here). On a side note, its much better than Il Mulino imho.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one ... I spent 4 months living in Florence and I think I can safely say that during that time, every single meal I had was better than Tutto Italia, and roughly 1 / 10 th the price ... so I wouldn't call Tutto authentic from the standpoint that the food was far worse and far more expensive.

And I'd pick Il Mulino every time. It's NY Italian, but much better prepared and in a much more enjoyable, modern atmosphere.

Of all the casualties of the DDE takeover, the death of Alfredo's and its replacement with the travesty that is Tutto Italia probably makes me the saddest.

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 12:06 PM
I would say Japan is a very good representative of it's country. Maybe Germany, even though I will be going there for my first time in May. I never liked Alfredos, because of our great North End eateries in Boston. I liked LeCellier, I thought it was good. Go Canada!!! We went to Rose and Crown for deserts, and the coffee was good too.:thumbsup: I like Mexico too. China's okay. I have not been to Morroco yet. But I have been to Boma--don't know if they are similar. :eat:

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I have never been to Japan, but it seemed to me like Toyko dining was the real deal.:cloud9:

Japan is excellent. A lot of fun, and they give you plenty to eat. Believe me.

big blue and hairy
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one ... I spent 4 months living in Florence and I think I can safely say that during that time, every single meal I had was better than Tutto Italia, and roughly 1 / 10 th the price ... so I wouldn't call Tutto authentic from the standpoint that the food was far worse and far more expensive.

And I'd pick Il Mulino every time. It's NY Italian, but much better prepared and in a much more enjoyable, modern atmosphere.

Of all the casualties of the DDE takeover, the death of Alfredo's and its replacement with the travesty that is Tutto Italia probably makes me the saddest.Price certainly isn't the factor I would go by. The kind of food you get at the San Angel Inn is very cheap in Mexico. I think authenticity of food is what is being looked for.

When Alfredo's was good it was very good. Unfortunately it hadn't been good for a while before it closed. As a matter of fact it stunk, and the so did the service.

I have to disagree twice about Il Mulino, first, I found it mediocre at best. Second, you argued with your own point, it's NY Italian, which is not authentic Italian. Tutto Italia was very good both times DW and I dined there and I found it quite authentic. Expensive, yes but authentic.

:sulley:

Tigerinvestigator
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I've been to many of the countries in Europe and I think the food in Germany most resembled the actual country.

prttynpnk
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
What about Marrakesh? I love the food and the atmosphere, but don't have any local fare to compare it to......

Yvette
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Tokyo Dining is pretty authentic and tasty. The only difference is the amount of meat that is served. In Japan they serve more veggies.

I also love the ambience of Yakitori House, very authentic to buildings that are in rural areas and parks. (I was stationed in Iwakuni, Japan years ago).

I love Marrekesh. Beautiful restaurant and excellent food as well.