PDA

View Full Version : What appeals to you more?

elmjimmlm
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
What makes you choose a desired restaurant? Is it the food itself or the location?

RedSoxFan
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
For me: I need to see the menu before I pick out a restaurant.

prttynpnk
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
atmosphere only does so much for me- we're all about the food!

Hull-onian
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I've been so many times, I know where, what,when, and how I am going to dine. Number One for us is Cape May Cafe. After that, everything just pales.

Love of Disney
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
For sure I need to know what is on the menu!!!
:cool:

afowl1017
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
With the pickiest son on earth I have to know what is on the menu! When the kids are happy then Mom can be happy....and we ALL want to be happy at Disney!

Hayden's Dad
03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
:mickey: Gotta love the atmosphere. I can eat good food anywhere, but to be able to eat a steak dinner in the middle of the Candadian Rockies, or have breakfast with a princess, or even go back and see a drive in movie really do it for us.

SBETigg
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm driven by the food. I don't actually have to know what is on the menu, but I do like to know what I'm getting into as far as type of food and service. Atmosphere comes next. Actual location only helps us determine our schedule, the order in which we visit restaurants depending on our park plans, but not if we'll visit a particular restaurant or not.

pixiesmimi
03-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I agree. We make our reservations based on what our park plans are. But I have to know about the quality of the meal or at least what is available on the menu first. The first year we made ADRs, we just based it on what countries or resorts we wanted to eat at and didn't know the menus ahead of time. Some places we ate, I considered a big waste of money because nothing on the menu appealed to me or the food was horrible. That upset me considering how expensive most of the meals are even though we were on the dining plan. Paying OOP would be even worse. So, now we don't go anywhere that we don't know about the menu or quality. We know where everything is and have our favorites but choose by our plans and the food served.

MistressGracey999
03-05-2009, 07:43 PM
:mickey: Gotta love the atmosphere. I can eat good food anywhere, but to be able to eat a steak dinner in the middle of the Candadian Rockies, or have breakfast with a princess, or even go back and see a drive in movie really do it for us.

Ohhhh yeah! I totally agree with you! As long as the food isn't gross, we value the atmosphere much more highly! Truthfully, I only remember a few stand-out dishes I have eaten at WDW, but I could describe in detail the decor, the characters, the "feel" of the restaurants we have tried. :mickey:

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
:mickey: Other then character dining, where it really is about the characters, we are food driven. We book our ADR's first and plan the parks around that.

Natazu
03-06-2009, 01:03 AM
It's all about the food. I'll drive across the property if I have to.

RAIDER
03-06-2009, 07:18 AM
I voted for the menu ..
The only place i went to eat within WDW were i didnt care what was on the menu was the SCI FI as i wanted to be in that unique atmosphere :thumbsup:

GoofyGirl18
03-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Definitely the menu is most important to me. I'm not a picky eater, but tend to be picky about what types of meat I eat. The less it represents being an animal at one point, the happier I am.

yjgirl32
03-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I voted for location- but that is only the first thing I look at. For me it's a total package deal- the food must appeal to me- the characters, menu, etc all has to be right- I don't get to go down evey year so I want to make the most of our experience.