PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon--Possible to have an Undisturbed Dinner?

karenrarintogo
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
my 500th post!!:number1:

I would like to try Whispering Canyon Cafe on our next trip but I know our group would like to enjoy it better without all the fun antics. Is it possible to ask to be seated away from the noisey fun?

We're a tad older and don't find it boring at all to simply enjoy our own company in peace and quiet, but want to sample the yummy-looking food and check out Wilderness Lodge as well.:confused:

(We did not enjoy all the noisy fun at Ohanas a couple of years ago and when we went back last year, requested to be seated in a quieter area--which we REALLY appreciated.):mickey:

lockedoutlogic
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
i have a solution:

Walk out of whispering canyon, make a left. Then go past the fireplace and the pin stand, and make a left
then make a right at the DVC desk and immediately go up the stairs to your left.
That will lead you to where you need to be

c&d
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I would highly recommend Artist Point at WL. Ask for a window seat and you'll have some great views. The food is wonderful and the service has always been exceptional.

Pirate Granny
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
We were an older group also...and requested in advance to be put on the other side of the wall area (where lockedoutlogice suggested). We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed the views that we were in. Artist Pointe is nice also, just higher priced and limited menu compared to WC.
:pirate:

KatMark
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
We were there for dinner in September--and we are sorry we went. The service was terrible (we were there for over two hours from the time we arrived for our ADR until the time we got our bill and checked out--and we skipped dessert because it probably would have added another 20 minutes). The food was mediocre at best--DH and I shared the skillet--I didn't like any of the food except for the beans a little bit and the pulled pork. I never even tried the ribs and chicken as I stopped eating--DH ate some of it and ended up sick all night.

We were put in the "back room"--even though tables were available in the main dining room. I don't know if they did this as they saw two adults and no kids. HOWEVER, there were none of the antics in the main room or the back room the whole time we were there--except for some straws being thrown at the table and one happy birthday song.

If you REALLY want to try it, then I'd ask for the back room--there are about six tables there by a fireplace. We won't be going back for lunch or dinner; we may give breakfast a try--just saw a review and some pictures and it looked really good...but not much you can do to screw up waffles and bacon (unless you burn it).

lockedoutlogic
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
We were an older group also...and requested in advance to be put on the other side of the wall area (where lockedoutlogice suggested). We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed the views that we were in. Artist Pointe is nice also, just higher priced and limited menu compared to WC.
:pirate:

actually....i was walking them to artists point as well....but there is that back section at whispering canyon that is pretty quiet as well

d_m_n_n
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
We have been to WCC for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast and dinner are definitely a lot rowdier. Would you consider it for lunch? It is much more laid back and your server will surely pick up on it if you don't want the entertainment...If not, definitely ask for a table in the back room. :D

vicster
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
We sat in a back section at WCC and it was a little quieter.

karenrarintogo
03-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info! :)
I will also check Artist Point's menu and consider going there as well. I know it's a signature restaurant with the Disney Dining Plan but I LOVE the surf n turf at Narcoossee's....which is also 2 tableservice credits. If we got the deluxe dining plan--maybe! With free dining in Sept, it may be an option to upgrade to deluxe dining, as I would like to try California Grill as well. I guess I will have to number crunch! :cloud9:

disneychick62
03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Yep!! Easy...just ask to be seated in the library...thats what we did and loved it...:thumbsup:

LoriSan
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I liked the food at WC, but was annoyed when I needed to get up from the table, leaving my food, to make 12+ trips back and forth to deliver ketchup to another table.

vicster
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
That's part of the fun of WCC - delivering the ketchup. I was laughing too hard to be annoyed.

BraddyB
03-06-2009, 12:32 PM
We sat away from the main dining area. We had a table right above the pin stand. It was nice because you could listen to whats going on in the main dining if you wanted. I thought it was pretty quiet out there. We also had dinner adr as soon as it opened...maybe thats why our food was better than some of the others on here. Dont know if that made a difference.

Mickey91
03-06-2009, 02:43 PM
my 500th post!!:number1:

I would like to try Whispering Canyon Cafe on our next trip but I know our group would like to enjoy it better without all the fun antics. Is it possible to ask to be seated away from the noisey fun?

We're a tad older and don't find it boring at all to simply enjoy our own company in peace and quiet, but want to sample the yummy-looking food and check out Wilderness Lodge as well.:confused:

(We did not enjoy all the noisy fun at Ohanas a couple of years ago and when we went back last year, requested to be seated in a quieter area--which we REALLY appreciated.):mickey:

I wouldn't chance it. It would so largely depend on the staffing and other guests. Sometimes to ask for quiet in a known chaotic place is to invite more chaos. I would do as others have suggested and dine at Artist Point. Though we have not yet had a the pleasure, the experience looks more adult and quiet. If you just really want the cuisine at the Whispering Canyon, you will have to sike yourself up for some spirited fun!

TheRustyScupper
03-06-2009, 03:44 PM
1) Ask to sit behind the fireplace and no antics.
2) No problem.

JavaDuck
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
When we were there in August, we sat in the section other posters have mentioned. On the other side of the fireplace near the pin stand. There is only 6 tables, and it was rather quiet. The most our server did was toss straws on the table when she first introduced herself. The food was good. It was not the best we had all week, but still good.