PDA

View Full Version : Room Key/Passes

Townie
03-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I will be travelling to the World on March 25. Yay:mickey:

I purchased a magic your way plan including tickets and dining. I am assuming they put this all on the room key for the resort.

My son 11 is coming and he likes to have his own room key, if he goes to the food court, arcade or pool.

I am not comfortable with him having the card with the room, park passes and dining. Is there a way to get him an extra card with just the room??

DizneyRox
03-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure they CAN remove the tickets, but I doubt they can/will remove the DDP. I've never heard of it happening.

You will probably run into some resistence removing the tickets too, but that CAN be done.

The easiet thing would be for them to cut another key (like a spare) for the room only, but now that they check KTTW for EMH and whatnot, they will probably not do that either. It could potentially be used to get someone into the parks for EMH that shouldn't be.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
The good news is that if he looses his card, it is pretty painless to get a new one (just go to the front desk of the resort). They will cancel the old one and give you a new one.

We made a big deal of DD (then 9) carrying her own key, and she was so proud that she never lost it, or even misplaced it in the room.

Belster
03-05-2009, 05:17 PM
I had this same issue when I went in October. We were able to remove room charging abilities and that was it. No extra keys were given.

Insanity Clause
03-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't think they can remove the park passes or anything because this is how they know you are in the park for the fast passes and everything. If he loses the card it isn't a big deal they will just cancel the one her had and re-issue one. Maybe if he has a lanyard with a zip pouch or something. I got one for my 10 year old DD for just this reason.

TheRustyScupper
03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
. . . I am not comfortable with him having the card with the room, park passes and dining. Is there a way to get him an extra card with just the room?? . . .

1) DDP must remain with/on the room key.
2) Tickets can be removed.
3) Room Charging can be added or not added to any key.