PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late?

Steveo5c
03-05-2009, 10:41 AM
I just booked a trip for my family of 5 staying at the Yacht Club with the Deluxe dining package from April 27-May 4. Is it too late to book reservations? At that time of year is it really busy enough to require a reservation? I was going to book diners only (San Angel Inn, Tuskers , Mama Melrose Fantasmic diner, Spirit of Aloha diner show) but do I need to book breakfasts as well. (Chef Mickey, Cape May Cafe). We are pretty easy going so the restaurants I've listed are not must do's. Also, if we book the Aloha diner show (which counts as 2 meal credits on the dining plan for tier 2 seating can I just pay the difference to upgrade to tier 1 seating. Let me know. Thanks

lockedoutlogic
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
you definitely want to book reservations....i would not attempt to go to WDW without them anymore.

the good news is that restaurants are a little more open than they have been in the last couple of years because attendance is declining....so you should find lots of options still available

but definitely book things....

in fact....what are you doing on the computer when you should be on the phone?:thumbsup:

and you DEFINITELY should book breakfasts.....you are already not likely to be able to get into the character breakfasts you mentioned....they still fill up almost always

SBETigg
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Yes, you will need Advanced Dining Reservations for almost everything. Any time of year is now busy enough that you might have trouble getting in to your favorites without ADRs. Why take the risk? You can always make them and try to change them if you change your mind as it gets closer, but at least you'll have something. It's not impossible to go and find dining without ADRs, but you may have to be very flexible in times and restaurant choices.

And no, I don't believe you can pay the difference for the Aloha meal seating and still use your credits. You either use your credits or pay cash for that meal, but they don't mix payment that way.

Nini5055
03-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Just try to be flexible on the times/days you want your ADR's...especially the character ones. You shouldn't have too much problem. I was able to switch an ADR to a different time on the same day and we are going May 7th to the 13th.

I would do my calling ASAP though...like the previous posters said!!!

diz_girl
03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
No, it's not too late. You have almost two months ahead of you. Plus, the time that you're going is not crowded, so you should be able to get many of the restaurants that you want. Book your breakfasts and dinners, as the lunches should be more flexible, depending on the park you're at. When I went to WDW two years ago (late Jan/early Feb), I was able to get an ADR everywhere that I wanted (Le Cellier, 'Ohana, Crystal Palace - breakfast and dinner, etc.), which we only booked less than two months before our trip. So it's definitely possible.

Also, if you're not going to make ADRs, maybe you should switch to the regular DDP. I know that I wouldn't want to pay all of that money for the deluxe plan only to waste the TS credits because you didn't have ADRs.