PDA

View Full Version : Switching From POFQ To Value Resort

DisneyPrincess21
03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
We have an upcoming trip to wdw in December. Last year we stayed at POFQ and loved it and how quaint and quiet it was. And how close everything was to the rooms. On the last trip it was 3 adults in one room at POFQ.
This year my niece will be going with us (12yrs old And first visit to WDW) So what I am wondering is. Should we downgrade to a value resort so we can get 2 rooms. Or would we miss POFQ and regret the downgrade? Should we just all stay in one room at POFQ since we know we like it there? It wil be approx $35 more to get the 2 rooms at value compared to one room at POFQ.
Any ideas?
I would love to get 2 rooms at POFQ but I don't see that being a option financially unless there is a major discount/deal, Or I come into some money.

yjgirl32
03-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I personally would go to the value for the 2 rooms. It would be easier for all of you to get ready. Plus how often are you in the room.

Mickey91
03-05-2009, 09:06 AM
So is it 3 adults one child this year? For a total of 4? I would either go with the POFQ or go to POR and request a room with a trundle. Is she a full grown 12 or still quite small? The trundle is small and really not comfortable for an adult size so this would be a factor in that idea. Will you be spending time at the pool? The value pools, while very nice, do not have a slide. Your niece would probably enjoy the slide. I guess if it were me, I would go with POFQ.:mickey:

Nini5055
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Well...that is quite a question! I have stayed with dd now 7 at POP Century for the last two years and enjoyed it. But I also know that POFQ or POR are very nice.

Why not talk to the others in your group and see what they are comfortable with.

pandkx3
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm all about 2 bathrooms. We love pop and really can't justify spending the extra for one room. We are there just to take a bath and sleep. I could afford to stay anywhere I wanted, but the space is a premium for us. I'm sure whatever your decision is you'll have a great time!:mickey:

MOJoe
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
"Would we regret the downgrade?" This is a classic Mod vs. Value question. And the answer lies in what you want out of your vacation.
While the 12 yr old may enjoy the value resort just as much as a mod, it's the adults who probably count here. So do you like to hang out by the pool and have afternoon refreshments? Do you like evening entertainment at your resort? And do you want a drink with that? How about a turn in the hot tub? Or a boat ride to DD? Yes? Well then you probably want to stay at Riverside (or another mod).
On the other hand, if your plan is to be park comandos 12 hours a day, and you just need a place to crash, then the values are more than adequate.
So ask everyone involved, and find their preferences. :mickey:

caryrae
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I know for us we had 4 adults and got 2 connecting rooms at POP and it worked out great. You have 2 showers, 2 toilets, 2 TV's if you watch any TV while at the Resort, lots of space for 4 peoples cloths, just more space.

#1donaldfan
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
....POR....without a doubt......:mickey:

Hull-onian
03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
What about All Star Music. It sleeps six. Very comfortable. It is in the Animal Kingdom area. You will have two bathrooms and a kitchenette. That is something to consider. I find the rooms to be small at POFQ, even though I love it there. We recently stayed at All Star Sports and booked two rooms. Just having an extra bathroom was a big deal. Time wise it worked out great. If you book with a discount even better.

brownie
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
We've always enjoyed staying at All-Star Movies, and haven't been disappointed staying there. The main building and pools have been close. If you're spending most of your time in the parks anyways, I stay at a value resort.

KAT1811
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
We went value last year for the first time in many years and did not regret the downgrade one bit. We spend most of our time in the parks and very minimal time at the resort but . . . even on the days where we relaxed by the pool we had a great time. I am also all about two bathrooms (like a PP stated). Three adults and a tween in one bathroom would be too much of a headache IMHO. The more space the better you'll be falling over each other trying to get ready in the morning. Just my :twocents:

DisneyPrincess21
03-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions :thumbsup:
We have weighed all the options and pro's and con's and we decided we are going to stay at pofq. Part of the decision is because it is going to be now 2 adults instead of 3 and my 2 niece's (12yrs old and 8yrs old)
We love the boat ride to DTD. And love being so close to the "soda station" and gift shop and pool. So we are going with POFQ. Thanks for all the help:thumbsup: