PDA

View Full Version : Akl

Kenny1113
03-04-2009, 09:38 PM
In regards to DVC, can some one tell me the difference between "value accomodations" and "standard view".
TIA

FiggyFan
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I would expect the primary difference to be the view. At BWV, for example, "Preferred view" is either pool, water, or garden view. "Standard view" is likely to be parking lot.

I'm not sure, but at AKL there may also be a difference between the main lodge and the new Kidani Village buildings. I have heard that the room size and layout differ somewhat.

Kenny1113
03-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes, we had a "parking lot" (standard) view on our last trip. (IMHO worth the savings)
But I noticed that Value accomodations is less points than Standard, so I wondered what could be below parking lot view. Closet? :D

laprana
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the "value" designation refers to the size of the room and not the view. I think the value rooms are smaller than the other rooms and sleep less people. For instance, I think a value studio only sleeps 4 people because there's no sleeper chair, while a standard studio has the chair and can sleep 5. I think that's what the difference is, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along soon to give you a definitive answer! :thumbsup:

DVC Mike
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
In regards to DVC, can some one tell me the difference between "value accomodations" and "standard view".
TIA

Value: (Jambo House only). Smaller rooms with either a Savanna view or a Standard View (which means pool or parking lot). So a Value villa can have a view of the Sunset Savanna, the pool or the parking lot.

Standard View: Larger than Value, with a Standard view (pool, garden or parking lot). At Jambo House only, all of the rooms in this booking category have a pool view. All of the Jambo House rooms facing the parking lot are smaller so they are classified as Value rooms. At Kidani Village, the Standard View villas will have a view of the pool, a garden area or a parking lot.

Kenny1113
03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I knew I could count on intercot! Thanks! :thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
03-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Value rooms exist because exsisting rooms/ wings at AKL had to be retrofitted into DVC sized accomodations.....the amount of multiple bedroom villa units inevitably lead to some jigsaw puzzle-like "leftover" scrap space that had to be used somehow....

I'm fairly certain the value rooms are just slightly smaller than the standard sized equivalents.....they make the rooms small enough now that it would be difficult to shave too much off and still fit the amenities as is....