PDA

View Full Version : Thrill ride question...

MistressGracey999
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi all!

I have an acute fear of heights, and that sometimes puts a damper on my WDW trips, because I am the only one in my family who has this problem.

Of the "thrill rides" at WDW, I have ridden ToT(never again), BTMR (not a problem for me, as I could see ground to the side of me at all times), Splash Mountain (yikes!), and Test Track (fine).

I know everyone is different, but I am interested to know your opinions on how some of the other thrill rides would affect someone with my phobia? Specifically, I wonder about Soarin', Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Rock N Roller Coaster, or any others I have not mentioned. Some of these rides I have heard that you cannot even tell that you are up high. I would probably be OK with those.

TIA!
The :chicken:

jarajam
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I am definitely NOT a fan of heights. I have never been on TOT and never plan to...no matter how much greif I get from my hubby and kids. I do love Splash Mnt...I just scream my ever lovin' head off on the last hill! Space Mnt freaked me out a little the first time I went and then it was nothing. Rock N Roller Coaster isn't bad bc you have no idea where you are in the dark...the take off is a doozie though! Dinosaur,and KaliRR are nothing. Everest is not too bad, but then again I closed my eyes on the outside parts. Soarin' was pretty scary for me bc I felt like I was going to fall out of the seat so I was a little freaked out, but I will not hesitate to do it again (and again!) bc the views and the experience are SO cool!

Strmchsr
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Well, Dinosaur is a completely flat track. Only the vehicle moves simlulating the feeling of going up and down. Kali is in the water, but I don't think it would be a problem. EE has one really big drop and there are a couple of times you're really high where you can see the entire park around you so it might not be good idea if this is a severe phobia. Same with Astro Orbiter. Space Mountain you can't see anything, but it will more than likely be closed when you're there next anyway.

Soarin is a very gentle, easy ride, but you are about 40 ft in the air with your feet dangling and there are some scenes on the IMAX screen that give a very "high up" view point so it might be difficult for you.

RNRC is very fast and dark so you can't see any heights with it. You'd probably be okay.

kemps@wdw
03-04-2009, 10:51 PM
I, too, have boycotted the TOT,as well as the Astro Orbitor, The up-and-down thing is simply not for me. (but my Dh and DD LOVE them). Now, Soarin, I really like. I don't have issues w/height. Khali RR..great. Just ride it last so you don't have to walk around the park wet. As for EE and RRC...I LOVE THEM!!! I could ride them both a hundred times a day! EE... a mine train thru the mts, 55mph, backwards in the dark, and a big, wet, nasty Yeti! and RRC...0-60 in less than 2 seconds, inversion upon take-off, barrell-rolls thru a neon LA, and one h**l of a soundtrack! What's not to love? :cloud9:

javamama
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Dinosaur you'd be fine as the pp said, RnR is fast, and upside down it's over quick it's a great ride, Everest it's mainly outside, so you know your high at some spots it's inside also--that's iffy--it's awsome though--can you tell I love thrill rides--you can keep spinnie rides:ack:
Space Mnt I've been riding since '79 so it never bothered me, it's dark that's what is the most troublesome people say, kali rapids I haven't rode yet--all you can do is try right?

MistressGracey999
03-05-2009, 08:36 AM
LOL, true! All you can do is try!

On ToT, I had to mentally restrain myself from crawling OUT OF THE ELEVATOR while we were waiting forever for the doors to open so we could roll forward and drop. It was excrutiating! When I went to view our pic after the ride, DH and DSs were smiling up a storm, hands thrown up in the air...and there I am, barely visible, hunched down and clutching the arm rest. You couldn't even see my face. That's probably a good thing.

The one ride I truly lament not scrounging up the courage for is Soarin'. I was wondering if I requested the back row if that would keep me closer to the ground?? I figured if the front row goes up 40, the middle maybe 30, and the last 20?? Or does it not work that way? I could probably do 20.

Thanks all for the advice! I may just ride SM and RnR this year after all!

Stu29573
03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
The only ride I have had a problem with is RnRC. I don't know why, but I tried it twice (on two different trips) and I just can't take the whole "launching into a corkscrew" thing, I guess. I was :sick: after both times, so never again! I've never done ToT because I HATE drops. I love the theming, but I hate the idea of being shot down a shaft. Dinosaur is fine, since you just lunch around, and KRR was fun. I think I'll pass on EE this next trip. I like the idea, but I HATE drops (did I already say thay?) :D

BedknobsandBroomsticks
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
So glad to know there are others. Don't blast me... I have never been on TOT, RNRC, SM, splash mountain, EE or dinosaur. I think I will try dinosaur next time though because of you. I hate heights (pathological fear) and don't like going fast, however if there are no heights at all I can handle speed. I love Soarin', you are not up that high and it is dark so you can't tell anyway. I felt totally safe. I might be able to do space mountain someday, I like BTMRR, but I could never do Splash Mountain or TOT. Just too scared! My 5 year old daughter loved TOT though, go figure. DH will just have to ride with her while the rest of us happy chickens DD, DS and me happily ride Pooh, and Dumbo. That is why I love WDW,there is something for everyone. Oh, I forgot but I can actually do Astro orbitor. It is more a fear of heights and drops or falling. I can be up high as long as I don't look down. AO is over with so quickly, long wait for short ride. You get a nice view of the park and just close your eyes and hold on.

crazygoalie39
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Soarin'- Absolutely amazing ride. You really aren't very high. The only problem I could see with this ride is if you have vertigo. My mom had to close here eyes because she got so dizzy.

Expedition Everest- Definitely a lot more intense than I thought it was going to be. It's not tall just going around the curves you can really feel the g's sometimes.

Space Mountain- Great roller coaster! Not high at all. Just turns and hills but it's very fun.

Astro Orbiter-Not a thrill ride.

Kali River Rapids-Never off the ground because it's a water ride. It's pretty fun, but be prepared to get soaking wet.

Dinosaur-On the ground the entire time, but it is pretty thrilling IMO.

RnRC-Again doesn't go high at all. It does have inversions though. I'm not a big fan of inversions (due to all of the Vekoma coasters I've ridden:ill:) but these are pretty smooth. It's a very fun ride.

Strmchsr
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
The one ride I truly lament not scrounging up the courage for is Soarin'. I was wondering if I requested the back row if that would keep me closer to the ground?? I figured if the front row goes up 40, the middle maybe 30, and the last 20?? Or does it not work that way? I could probably do 20.

It's actually the other way. The back row is the highest. Even the very front row of the three sections is fairly high. The problem is you are lifted into a bowl shaped IMAX screen, so even if the floor isn't very far beneath you it looks way down. Also, the glider very gently rocks back, forward, and to the sides. Soarin is a gentle ride. No sudden movements so it's not scary at all, but if the appearance of height and your feet dangling would bother you I would skip it.

lockedoutlogic
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
i would think that the only rides you suggested that will pose any kind of fear of heights would be the astro orbiter and everest....

all the other rides are either dark rides where there is no sense of height or rides that are on the ground and use motion to create illusions....

soarin is basically a stationary chair that is raised into a slot somewhere between 10 and 30 feet off the ground and then shown a morie on a 180 degree rounded screen. You don't actually more during the ride other than a little jockeying perhaps....but that's it.
That could be iffy to you if you don't like heights becuase you know you're off the ground but you are also in the dark so you may not be able to get comfortable with it.

MMFreak
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Soarin' - You will know you are high

Expedition Everest - You will know you are high

Space Mountain - Good - too dark to tell anything

Kali River Rapids - you will be fine not high at all

Dinosaur - flat track

Rock N Roller Coaster - too dark to tell anything

wire0monkey
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I have a mild fear of heights.

Soarin' really trips that anxiety button for me. It's a beautiful, gentle ride, but the first thing they do is strap you in a harness and lift your seat straight up in the air. During the ride, it seems like you're leaning forward a little bit with your feet dangling and you feel like you're very high over the ground.

Expedition Everest - this one goes really high, but if Big Thunder Mountain Railroad doesn't bother you, this probably won't. It seems like a much more intense version of that ride to me. It's the same type of coaster. It does have a backwards part if that's a problem.

Rock N Roller Coaster -- I love this ride. It's indoors in the dark, though, so if Space Mountain bothers you this probably will, too. It's a similar experience, just a little more intense.

wire0monkey
03-05-2009, 12:17 PM
The only ride I have had a problem with is RnRC. I don't know why, but I tried it twice (on two different trips) and I just can't take the whole "launching into a corkscrew" thing, I guess. I was :sick: after both times, so never again!

Star Tours is the one that gets me, every time.

I have to buy a Mickey ears ice cream to settle my stomach down. (Oh, the burden!)

#1donaldfan
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
... I am very fearful of heights....I can't even clean the gutters on my house without much fear....

....anyway....I can ride all rides at Disney with ZERO problem...(well, TOT still pains me some, but I do it)....most of the trill rides are inside and mostly dark, so I suppose that's how I get over my fears.....

..I truly think that if you do them once, (RRC, SM, EE), you'd go back for more.....:thumbsup:

4ubie1
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Ditto on the fear of heights!! :scared:

Space Mt and RnRC are kindof the same concept in that they both are roller coasters and both happen in the dark. RnRC does go upside down once or maybe twice (can't remember) so that might be alil freaky for you. Plus, Space Mt does have a couple decent drops in it. I guess it all depends on how you handle heights in the dark. If you cant see the height you are at, are you afraid of it?? or is it the knowledge that you might be high off the ground enough to freak you?? :shrug:

Kali River Rapids has one large drop (not as big as Splash Mt) but otherwise you are just in a round boat going over some rapids. I don't think your fear of heights will kick in on this one.

Soarin may be alil tricky 'cause you are lifted up off the ground and hang there for alil while. I wouldn't recommend this one until you are able to conquer the others.

Dinosaur you should be fine on. You basically ride around in a jeep. You are no higher off the ground than you would be in a large SUV. Plus you got things happening on the side that keep you busy :paranoid:

E:E and Astro Orbiter are two others that you might have issues with 'cause at certain points you can see how far off the ground you are.. much like ToT and Splash Mt. I think if you have issues with Splash Mt, dont do E:E. Also, try Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets first before you try Astro. I think this one might be the hardest 'cause you can constantly see how high you are.

Good Luck though!:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm the same way. I don't do roller coasters or heights. My DH has begged me to go on Soaring and Space Mountain. Last year, I finally went on both when it was just the two of us and I didn't have the excuse that someone had to stay with the kids that were too small.:blush: Soaring was scary for me the first time and we sat in the front seat. I actually lifted my feet because I thought we were going to hit the rail. :blush: The second time I rode, it was much better but I had to be careful what I looked at so I didn't get dizzy. Space mountain was definately not fun for me and I said never again. Now, depending on what they do to it with the renovations, I might try it again but I won't sit in the last car again. I think it is worse when it is dark and I can't see what we are doing or what is coming up. I'm hoping to keep trying new ones until I master the fear but definately won't be doing TOT. :)

Belster
03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I am not a fan of heights her are my opinions:

TOT-Love it!!!
Space Mt-Love it!
Expedition Everest-Love it but I will say I almost had a panic attack at the start of the ride when it goes way up.
Astro orbiter_No Way!!!! Spins and is high up!!!

Other than that I feel the rest to be intense but not in the height area. I agree with a pp that if you try them once you will be a lifer...

sisterslovindisney
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I am terrified of heights but the only ride that really scared me to death was Soarin. I haven't tried EE yet but I definitely will. I plan to do Soarin again and try to keep my eyes open this time:) It really feels like you are in an open glider.

faline
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
My son-in--law does not do well with heights. He did not ride most of the rides you mention but was just fine with Dinosaur!

MistressGracey999
03-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow, thanks everybody! It's reassuring for me to know that other people with a similar dislike for heights have ridden some of the attractions and came out OK on the other end!:thumbsup:

I agree with a pp that what makes WDW great is that there is something for everyone, even if you can't muster up the courage to get on the "big" rides.

Also, thanks to the pp that cleared up my misconception about Soarin' seat rows and the heights thereof. I saw a show on the Travel Channel that showed a model of how the ride worked, and I swear it seemed like the front row lifted higest, middle row midway, and back row was hanging at the bottom!

I now know I can def do Dinosaur and KRR, because it's ONLY heights I can't deal with (love Test Track). So my next trip to AK should be a little more exciting, LOL. :mickey:

Nanners
03-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Are there any major "drops" besides TOT of course that I would need to worry about? I think the fear of anything as great as the one on Splash Mountain would keep me from riding them. Yes, I am a big chicken but don't want to not experience something that I might later enjoy...

Strmchsr
03-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Are there any major "drops" besides TOT of course that I would need to worry about?

The only other big drop is EE but it's over very quickly.

dumbo ears
03-07-2009, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't recomend Space mountain, Astro orbiter, Expedition everest. My sister is afraid of heights and she hates those

texasteacher
03-19-2009, 09:32 PM
You sound like me. I would try Dinosaur and Soarin'. Those are a "piece of cake." I loved Everest also but it is a little scary early on. I am going in June and am still going to ride it.

Mousemates
03-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Me and heights often don't do that well either...(try falling off a rock face in the Smokies...bouncing off a ledge and then dropping again...fortunately I was a very flexible and bouncy (according to my friend who watched me) teenager at the time)....but for me the only time its problematic is when I'm at a railing "near the edge." Therefore, I'm more prone to feel uneasy on the balcony of the grandfloridian looking down into the lobby than I am riding in the parks.

The only attractions that have ever caused me real trepidation were the big drop on splash mountian and of course ToT. However, thou I must admit genuine terror the first times I rode them...both rides are just so cool that I pushed myself to ride them again (and again) and have kind had a minor breakthrough in terms of the level of anxiety I now experience...thou I must admit being on the front row of ToT pretty much still stretches me to my limit.

As for which one to avoid...I'd say only the ToT...with the ups and downs you can't avoid the height issue...but on splash mountain just remember your not falling, your just going down a slide...that the drop is over real fast...and that not only is the ride prior to the drop wonderful....the "welcome home" riverboat to me is a "not to be missed scene" at WDW.

DANAM
03-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't say I have an actual fear of heights but I am definatly scared. My problem is coming down not so much going up and being there. We had hurricane damage on your roof and I was fine doing up there and walking around but getting off gave me a panic attack. With that being said ToT is a big NO! Space MNTN you can't really see anything so you should be good but I personally will never do that again. Kali really has a couple of drops but your really not in the air at all. Dino is a flat track. Everest again the drop is too much for me so I won't even try it. Rocking Roller coaster I have never been so scared in my life but that was more because I was expecting this huge drop but it never happened and you can't see the person next to you so you don't really know how high up you are. Now for soarin' I love this ride and like I said I can handle going up so I shut my eye's going down and if you sit in the front row your not so high. I have sat in the back before and it was a little high for me. Finanlly Astro again a childhood fav but it is pretty bad. It's very hard to not realize how high up you are and if you close your eye I feel sick. But the view especially at night is amazing. The ride itself can't be longer than a min or two and its over before you realize where you are. Hope this helps you.

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
with you not into terror rides. did tower of terror once never again. splash mountain never again. don't care what the rest goes on not ashamed.:mickey::mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm afraid of heights too....Kali River Rapids is not high up, you'll be fine...dinosaur is very jerky, but no problems with the height sensation.....with Soarin...I braved this one and was glad I did because its wonderful...I did have sweaty palms and a little twinge of fear in the pit of my stomach but not enough to ruin the ride...on the other hand, I screamed like a baby on Big Thunder:blush:

PixieMagic
03-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi all!

Specifically, I wonder about Soarin', Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Rock N Roller Coaster, or any others I have not mentioned. Some of these rides I have heard that you cannot even tell that you are up high. I would probably be OK with those.

TIA!

Honestoly most of these you really can't even tell you are that far above the ground...they either have "ground" on either side of them or no visible space you can see (aka darkness).... However, I'd really avoid astro orbiter......no good will come from that one....

Janmac
03-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't have a fear of heights, but I do have a dislike of drops, and possibly a sort of vertigo. I don't do well on stairs that you can see between the treads to the ground below - that sort of thing.

Tower of Terror - never ever done this and have no plans to do this.

Rock'n'Roller Coaster - absolutely my favorite ride in the World. The loops don't bother me.

Splash Mtn - did this once and that's all. That drop at the end is too much for me.

Thunder Mtn & Space Mtn - both okay. Drops are short enough that I don't get too uncomfortable.

Astro-Orbiter - haven't done it - but no real interest. Have done Dumbo - is Astro any different?

Kali River Rapids - drops are short enough to be okay. I rode this 3 times in a row - didn't even have to get off the raft. Lotsa fun.

Expedition Everest - I wimped out on this in 2006 but rode twice in 2008. The backward drop is actually longer than the Splash Mtn drop but it is more bearable to me - I think because it is backward. The forward drop and curve isn't bad either.

Dinosaur - not scary but it is loud and bumpy and not enjoyable. Not fun. It's not scary tho.

Now for Soarin' - I was so looking forward to this attraction. We tried it last Sept. What a surprise. I would do this ride again but I was petrified during the ride until we got to the night time part.

The thing is that while you are not really that far up, really, the effect is that you're in a hang glider. We were in the front row and when we took off, I was hit by some major disorientation. I didn't feel safe in my seat. I knew I was safe, but I sure didn't feel safe. My niece said she could look beside her seat and see the floor. So if you start to get too weirded out, look down beside you.

Now that I know what to expect, I will try Soarin' again. This ride is gentle, no sudden drops or swerves or feelings of speed. There is definitely a feeling of not much between you and all that scenery that you're looking at. This ride is very well done.

I think I was more disoriented, and had trouble walking, after Soarin' than after the real G version of Mission Space. I'm hoping that the next time on Soarin' will be more enjoyable.

Jan

thejens
03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I am scared of heights too, but for some reason Disney makes me brave. I am not a big fan of TOT for that reason. I did do Everest, but it is a bit scary for me. I shut my eyes during the drops. I don't understand all the folks that say it is like BTR. Not to me! I have no problem with Soarin since there are no drops. I just lean back in my seat and focus on the film. There is a simulation of height which doesn't bother me since I know I am not really very high. I love this and think it is worth a try for you. Maybe you can ask for the lowest rung. Kali, Dinosoar, and most of the others you mention do not have heights or drops. If you did TOT, you can probably do anything now!

LoriMistress
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM
I love thrill rides. RnRc, ToT, EE, M:S, etc. are all great rides. I can go on those rides non-stop all day if I really wanted to.

atnextc
03-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Ok since I was going to make my own thread about this but saw this one was already made I think I"ll add to it instead.

First of, I started a thread last October about my fear of heights and Space Mountain, about whether or not I should ride it. Well just to let you know I did. I was in the back car in the last seat everytime and man was it jerky. According to stuff I've read about the ride, the biggest drop at the end is 35 feet. To me it seemed to be over before it even began, maybe that had alot to do with the speed. Unlike Splash were the "build up" to the drop is the most bothersome part since clearly you know whats coming next.

I have done Splash and after the first time I said never again, however when you have children sometimes your fears don't matter, its seeing them happy, so Splash doesn't bother me now, however I don't look down when we start the drop, I look over to the side till about half way down.

Kali on the other hand is just awesome I can ride that all day long with no issues.

Astro was a different story, my wife and I rode it together on our anniversary last year and we both got really dizzy on it. I attribute it to you being so high up, and the fact that the circle that your going in is a small diameter therefore you feel like you are going faster. Height wise on it I was ok, but won't be riding it again.

ToT is a no go and the wife and kids understand that. So no worries there.

Soarin was interesting, b/c I didn't know that the seats lifted and I was freaked out when I rode it the first time. It was ok, definitely at least a do it once to say you did kinda ride. Not worth more than I'd say 20 minute wait.

Now my real question and the point of this long post is.,,,, Who thinks I should do Everest and or Rockin Roller Coaster?

Everest I know goes backwards, but from what I can tell by watching ride throughs its just a horse shoe shape that you that you are turning in and then you see the tearing up of the track before the 80ft drop. My wife keeps reassuring me that Everest is just like BTMR, b/c the drop isn't straight down, but rather at an angle so it shouldn't bother me that bad.

You people here at Intercot already talked me into Space Mountain, and by the way I don't do roller coasters, but Disney ones don't bother me. So you think you can work the same "magic" for EE and RR???

I know RR starts off in an inversion which I'm thinking would bother me especially if there is more than one. Any thoughts on this one?

Sorry again for such a long post, but as I said I was going to start a thread, so I figured I may as well tell my story whilst I'm at it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We go back for a 10 day trip on May 13th, and we just bought Annual Passes :)

TinkerbelleRoo
03-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow and I thought I was the only one. I also don't do well with drops and spent my one ToT trip crying into my dad's shoulder..I was 16 at the time...anyway, I'm also curious about Everest. Kali doesn't really belong on my 'fear' list. There's no large drops and the only real thing to fear is getting completely soaked. Been there done that and hasn't stopped me from going on again.

Test track never bothered me. I love when the car goes on the track outside of the building. Then again my dad always has been a fast driver so I chalk it up to simply being used to it. :)

I've never had any problems with Thunder Mountain but Space Mountain freaks me out because I can't see the track and expect the drops or whatnot. Never rode Splash ( childhood trip to Dutch Wonderland, too young to stay off myself...thank you again Mom:( ), and every time I go on to the Astro Orbiter/Star Jets, that rocket doesn't move above the minumum height. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels 'off' on that ride though.

I can however outspin the rest of the family in the Teacups and while they get dizzy and ill, I'm fine. Go figure.:mickey:

thejens
03-29-2009, 12:31 AM
Atnextc congratulations on doing Space Mountain. I am basically wimpy about heights and drops too, but I find that Disney magic makes me brave too! I am very proud of riding EE twice. It is a little scary for me, but it is very smooth. Unlike TOT or Splash where you have that horrible anticipation and sudden drop, EE is smooth and fast. I personally have to close my eyes during every drop on any ride, but I make sure to open them afterward to enjoy the sights on EE. The backward part is actually enjoyable for me, almost like swinging back on a swing. I think it is worth giving it a try and won't leave you scarred for life! Now, RR is the only ride I haven't done and I'm not sure about that one either!

PrettyMinnie
03-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't say my mom has a "phobia" but she ks not too keen on some of the thrill rides. She was ok with Splash Mountian and BTMR. She also likes rides like Space Mountain and RnRC because they are inside. You might be good with one of those. :shrug:

EJS-Houston
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi all!

I have an acute fear of heights, and that sometimes puts a damper on my WDW trips, because I am the only one in my family who has this problem.

Of the "thrill rides" at WDW, I have ridden ToT(never again), BTMR (not a problem for me, as I could see ground to the side of me at all times), Splash Mountain (yikes!), and Test Track (fine).

I know everyone is different, but I am interested to know your opinions on how some of the other thrill rides would affect someone with my phobia? Specifically, I wonder about Soarin', Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Rock N Roller Coaster, or any others I have not mentioned. Some of these rides I have heard that you cannot even tell that you are up high. I would probably be OK with those.

TIA!

Were I you I think I would not go anywhere near "Soarin"...that'd be your worst nightmare made real. Dinosaur should pose no problem, and if BTMR was fine for you, then Kali River Rapids should be too...but Expedition Everest, not so much.

WVParkfan
03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
However, I'd really avoid astro orbiter......no good will come from that one....

Amen. Ruined an entire day for this Disney Dad. I suffer from motion sickness, so I took Dramamine on that day. Didn't help at all. Combine the spinning with the height... well, I agree. No good will come from that one!

cmsizzlin
03-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I have a definite fear of heights and my family forced me on Soarin - I was ok until it gets a little fast - actually the screen gets fast. I was terrified the first time but I can handle it now.
I will not do EE - because of the outside parts. The only thing I can honestly say is that most rides last seconds/minutes and if you keep your eyes closed you can do it.
The rapids at AK are fine and no height issues but wet issues.