PDA

View Full Version : Spring ahead this weekend.

caryrae
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Don't forget or you'll be late.

gerald72
03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I would have forgotten.
When we turned them back in the fall, I was an hour early.

Love of Disney
03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Already....time has flown by!!!
:cool:

kakn7294
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Ah, my favorite night of the year when I have to work - only 11 hrs of work instead of 12! It also means an extra hour of light in the evenings at WDW next week!

LauraleeH
03-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Ha, I didn't know it was coming up! Thanks for the reminder, I've been "in a world of my own" lately, to quote Alice ;)

Stitchahula
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
:yay:This means the warm weather is coming. I hope.

LauraleeH
03-05-2009, 05:16 PM
My brother said they were saying this will be the last time change on the radio, is that true??? I couldn't find anything about it online and most radio stations aren't reliable when it comes to stuff like that, anyways...but I'll be mad if they don't fall back!

PirateLover
03-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't get too excited about warm weather yet! Remember that the clock change has been bumped up a month from April. It's supposed to be an energy saver.

Stitchahula
03-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I know we are still a little way away from warm but it means it's on it's way. Oh and I heard it's supposed to get up to almost 60 on Saturday. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I had sent this to all my employees in an email and you'd be surprised at the number of them that hadn't realized it was so soon!

As for the last time change ever? There is at least one state (Arizona?) that doesn't change at all any time of the year. And most other parts of the world don't do this either. I think the measure was adopted during WWII as an energy savings measure. So do we really need to do this any more?

I just like the idea of more sunlight time!!

LauraleeH
03-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I had sent this to all my employees in an email and you'd be surprised at the number of them that hadn't realized it was so soon!

As for the last time change ever? There is at least one state (Arizona?) that doesn't change at all any time of the year. And most other parts of the world don't do this either. I think the measure was adopted during WWII as an energy savings measure. So do we really need to do this any more?

I just like the idea of more sunlight time!!
Yeah, that's what was said, that everyone else in the world doesn't do it so why should we? But I like the time change. So maybe this is just Florida talking about it...maybe they're just considering it. I hope not. I like it being dark at 5:00-6:00 in the fall/winter.

KylesMom
03-06-2009, 02:16 PM
While you're at it, please-please-PLEASE change the batteries in your smoke and CO alarms! Just like your clocks, it only takes a minute but it's a minute well spent! :thumbsup:

Mickey91
03-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah!!! :joy: I won't do well with getting up earlier for a while but I love it staying light longer in the evening!:yay: