PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase Trivia

Disney_Barbie
03-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Hello, I was compiling a list of trivia/facts for my nephew & need something for some world showcase countries. I need some item of fun-fact or trivia about The Cananda Pavillion, the UK pavillion & the France Pavilion - can anyone help?
Thanks in advance:mickey:

afowl1017
03-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Only thing my husband could think of was this:

1. Canada: The pavilion represents each of the different provinces of Canada. An element of each province is there.

2.UK: The buildings are built wider at the bottom and narrower at the top to create illusion of height so that the two story buildings look like traditional 3 story English homes. Each of the buildings represent a different area of architecture found throughout the UK. The "Beatles" also make a guest appearance in the garden!

We don't know too much about the France Pavilion sorry.

Just a tip: A good place to meet in the World Showcase is by the red phone booth in the UK if you get separated from your party.

Zawadi
03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
France - The Eiffel Tower is a 1/10 replica
UK - the motto of the Rose & Crown is "Otium cum Dignitate" translation "Leisure with Dignity"
Germany - the statue of St George slaying the dragon was modelled on the statue in Rothenburg

krose78
03-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Canada - The fir trees you see perched atop the Rockies spend three years adapting to the Florida climate before they go onstage, where they are not actually planted, but rather nestled among rocks in large plastic planters. Each tree has an understudy waiting in the wings, so a quick switch can be made in the event that the tree is struck by disease or hit by lightning.

France - The tower is painted with a sticky substance to discourage birds from ruining the illusion of height.

Tinksalot
03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
You could also check out www.disneyworldtrivia.com

Disney_Barbie
03-05-2009, 11:54 AM
GREAT! Thanks everybody!!!