PDA

View Full Version : What movies should have an attraction?

GrumpyFan
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
In the last 10 years, Disney hasn't exactly had a lot of big blockbuster movies that necessarily could be used to theme an attraction, but that hasn't stopped them before, look at Dinosaur. Regardless, though, what movies in your opinion should Disney consider for theming an attraction? You can use a Disney animated movie including Pixar, or a live action movie.

Here's a few of mine:

Pirates of the Carribean - I know there's already a ride, but I don't see why they didn't re-do the tank at DHS' backlot to a Pirates theme. It just seems like it would be a perfect fit, and a hit too, if done right.

National Treasure - Some kind of tie-in? Not sure what kind of attraction, but it just seems like it would be a good movie to use.

Monsters Inc - I know there's supposedly coaster coming, eventually. I hope this rumor is true, because it just seems like a good one as well.

TRON - (TR2N) - Disney is rumored to have greenlit a new TRON movie, which would make for a great new attraction. The only problem is that MK and Tomorrowland, would seem to be the best location, yet it's already a very crowded land. The next best place might be Epcot, and maybe DHS, but how/where would be the question?

brownie
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
I think National Treasure could be made into some sort of attraction.

Young@Heart
03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
DD insists Mary Poppins needs an attraction. She was Mary for Halloween last year, and kept talking about how there was no Mary Poppins ride.

Recusit8m
03-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I would like to see the Tommorowland Speedway change into a Cars type of ride/attraction...While the current ride is a classic, it needs to be changed...An Incredibles type ride could be kinda cool too, set it up like Spiderman at Uni Studios...

kemps@wdw
03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I also think the Indy Speedway should be refurbed into something w/a "Cars" theme. :car: I'm also thinkin that a "Wall-E" themed attraction might be cool.:yes: And since they already have an Indian-inspired area along the railroad, how about "plussing" it up a bit w/some "Pocohantas" add-ins. :thumbsup: And how about a Jungle Cruise refurb to a "Jungle Book Cruise" or something along that line?

LauraleeH
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
DD insists Mary Poppins needs an attraction. She was Mary for Halloween last year, and kept talking about how there was no Mary Poppins ride.
Mary Poppins would be excellent in World Showcase ;)

Cinderelley
03-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I've always wanted a Robin Hood ride along the same lines of Peter Pan or Snow White.

stitchaholic
03-06-2009, 06:35 AM
not sure if journey to the center of the earth was disney,but that mine car scene would make a great roller coaster ride!

drummerboy
03-06-2009, 08:01 AM
I would think that it would be hard to design and build a good attraction around a movie any more, with the national attention span as short as it is.

It's funny--a lot of the original attractions had no movie tie-in. Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, CoP, and several others. Especially for Pirates and Haunted Mansion, the movie came second.

I like the idea of theming the Indy ride to Cars though.

Mickey91
03-07-2009, 11:42 AM
The Emperor's New Groove needs a Secret Lab roller coaster similar to Rockin Roller Coaster. With the cool neon signs and awesome soundtrack.:mickey:

AdventurerKim
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I want an Incredibles 3D movie or ride or something! Perhaps a Pixar ride would be fun with all the Pixar characters, like a journey into the Pixar world or something like that.