PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten Reviews Please!!

Love of Disney
03-03-2009, 11:15 PM
I am debating making an ADR at the Biergarten. For those of you who have gone, how was the food? How was the entertainment? Is there always a German band playing?

Thanks....:cool:

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
03-04-2009, 12:24 AM
:thumbsup: Our family did Biergarten last trip and enjoyed it. There was a nice selection on the buffet, and we enjoyed the entertainment. The band did not play all the time but did one set while we were there. We were a party of 6 and tables seat 8 (or did in our area). We were seated with a couple from Russia, very nice people. I have seen posts before regarding the "table sharing" at Biergarten. This works for some people and but not for all.

A Big Kid
03-04-2009, 07:36 AM
My wife and I made about 10 trips to WDW before we actually at at Biergarten. It is important to note that we consider the food to be an attraction in and of itself.

We usually just had a brat and pretzel at sommerfest rather than going inside the biergarten. We tried it last time we went and regret not trying it before.

Make sure you go with a big appetite! There is lots of German (heavy) food. And the entertainment is great. Remember, you will be seated with other people at large tables. This can be the best part of the experience if you want it to be!

Mickey'sGirl
03-04-2009, 08:32 AM
We resisted for years, because my husband's family is from Berlin, and we know "real" German food etc.... That said, we had a really really fabulous experience at Biergarten. The four of us sat with two couples at a long table and enjoyed some conversation, the band played, and our little guy danced, and we all really really enjoyed the food. It was hot, tasty and plentiful.

I would not hesitate to go to Biergarten. :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
We went once 2 years ago. It was alot of fun, 2 of my kids danced,and we were seated close to the buffet which was helpful.
We are arriving Friday and my DD loved Biergarten so much she chose it for her BD dinner! So we will return on Sunday to try it again!

SBETigg
03-04-2009, 09:17 AM
It's a fun place, especially fun for parties with small children. The children get up and dance to the band, some adults perhaps as well but very few by comparison. The band plays at certain times, not all the time. The atmosphere is really neat, like a Bavarian village at night. The food is the downside here for me. It's a buffet and there is plenty to choose from, but a lot of it is heavy and sausage-centric. Not my favorite, but not bad. Once was enough for me, but I'm glad I tried it once.

PETE FROM NYC
03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
We ate there a few times years back before it became a buffet and enjoyed it.Went back in 2007 (buffet), and I think the quality of food went down.
We always liked the entertainment.

JustaKid
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
What's not to love? Great food, beer, and entertainment. You also get the chance to make new friends at your table. One of our favorite places to dine.

JustaKid

Love of Disney
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks so much for all of the reviews!! We had a reservation last July, but it was raining so much that we left Epcot for the day and had to cancel it. I am thinking it sounds like a must for the upcoming trip!!:cool:

princessgirls
03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I look forward to dining here!

It's our first time trying it too!

Julie:mickey:

disneyfan56
03-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Our trip is not complete without having lunch or dinner at the Biergarten.

The food is plentiful and tasty. The dining room is cool and comfortable. The music is upbeat and entertaining.

It's a win-win-win for us!

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-04-2009, 08:35 PM
It has been a "must do" of ours for years.
Even my very picky daughter and niece find plenty to eat.

Regarding sharing a table with others...we have never had a really bad experience, but some have definitely been more fun than others.

SFTrny
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I think you'll have a great time at Biergarten. Lot's of good and tasty food. Yes...it is heavy, but have something light for breakfast! It is a great place to bring an appetite and have some fun.

tjstrike
03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
One of the best places to eat IMO. I have a picky wife and 2 picky kids and they find plenty 2 eat. I'm not German but I spent 2 years there and this is a good substitute.

jcvalenti
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
The food is okay (selection could be better), but the atmosphere can't be beat. It's a great break from the hot days, and the kids love the music and dancing.

Dad, of course, loves the giant biers.

Love of Disney
03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Well...I just booked my ADR there for May 15th! Thanks again for the input!!
:cool:

Hull-onian
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
This is my first dining solo. I make friends easily (Intercot for example). My husband wants Mexican, we have it all the time. So I just want to try something different. I thought it would be fun and the food should be good too. :tasty:

JavaDuck
03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
We ate there in August. We loved the entertainment. The main host guy is amazing. The food for us was ok. There were some great things, and other things we just did not really care for. I recommend giving it a try at least once.

kathiep
03-07-2009, 03:56 PM
We eat at the Biergarten every trip. Everyone can find something they like and the atmosphere can't be beat. This is a really fun meal.

dumbo ears
03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
we went this past december and loved it. The band was a classic german band, the food was fantastic, the decorations and inside of the restaurant were awesome. Its expensive but what at disney isnt. I would definetely recomend it.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
We love the Biergarten! The food is pretty good, especially the desserts :) We love the atmosphere, the band is entertaining, and we actually rather enjoyed the other group at our table (we weren't too sure about this part, but they were delightful).

We have another ADR booked for this upcoming trip :eat:

ilovemyjj31
03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Yummm...my fav..My husband and I are both Greman..and love it there!!! Though our kids would not enjoy it to much though..but the variety is nice, desserts r soooo yummy!! The beer is huge and flowing!!! The inside is amazing how they did it,..the band plays, they even invite you to dance, plus ya sing this beer:beer: drinking song..if ya have a small party you will sit woth other people, thats the German way!!
But, i loved it!!The pretzel bread is to die for, worth stuffing in your pocketbook, not recommending it, but still, worth a shot, and a nice snack later in the day!!!:cheers:

kemps@wdw
03-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I can't really speak for the food, as I haven't eaten there since the early 80s (lame...I know), but let me tell you a little story! :rolleyes: The moms and kids in our group decided to eat @ Alfredos (06) and the dads wanted Germany (beer, brats, you know...manly stuff). We were there about 10 minutes, still waiting to be seated, when in walked our men, complaining about food so bad that they couldn't finish it, :ack: and some of the worst beer on property! Now, I know that others love it, but we won't be back!:down: